New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Dashboard Time Zone Converter?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Simms

Simms is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD

Is there a widget for Dashboard that acts as a time zone converter? Something like http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

You can put as many clocks (with as many time zones) on your dashboard as you like.
QUOTE Thanks
schottky

schottky is on a distinguished road

I guess what Simms means is if there is a widget that can convert the time. So if I need to know what time it is in Europe when it is 9am in Manila or so. When you have to host conference calls that are spread out in the world it is difficult to do that. I would love to have such a widget as well, so please if anyone knows this, post it.

Thank you
QUOTE Thanks
kickteeth

kickteeth is on a distinguished road

I am also in need of an app like this... please post if you know of anything!
QUOTE Thanks
crz

crz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickteeth View Post
I am also in need of an app like this... please post if you know of anything!
Same here. It seems whenever I'm in a need of this calculation, I grab my iphone and use the "Cities" app - it does exactly what I need, so if I could just move that to my dashboard..

All the clocks don't help to do the "math". islayer widged displays all the clocks nicely - I wish I could also move the clock hands back and forth
QUOTE Thanks
crz

crz is on a distinguished road

Just found this little app:

Aion 1.7.2 software download - Mac OS X - VersionTracker

It's not a bran new app, but seems to do the job and I'm quite liking it so far (just downloaded).
QUOTE Thanks
hoochen

hoochen is on a distinguished road

The best one is Time Scroller

TimeScroller | World time zone utility for Macintosh and iPhone
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking for audio app that can split audio | advanced excel search & replace - What apps can do this? »