New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Is mobileme a shambles

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AJB

AJB is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 2.8 24"/ 13" macbook pro / G4 tower & cinema scrren / 12" powerbook / classic curvy G3 laptop!

My computer (new and running latest Leopard) automatically switched from .Mac to me.com today. I am deeply UNIMPRESSED.

Numerous silly glitches:

Mail
1 headers don't line up
2 No bold or colour differentiation between read and unread messages
3 Safari bookmark for .Mac not automatically reassigned to .Me (so new log in page has to be set up manually - not a big deal but annoying)
4 Slow to load / switch between icons
5 Still no proper differentiation between US and UK spell check

Contacts / Address Book

1 about 200 contacts with no address have suddenly appeared at the top of the page, although clearly the contact does have an address
2 many named contacts illegible because the text is overwritten
3 VERY slow to load

Calendar

1 Only the month view is properly legible
2 VERY slow to load
3 Has not addressed many of the functionality issues (Outlook and Entourage calendars still have better and easier functionality)

Push down

1 SLOW.
2 There also appear to be compatibility issues between Mac's running Leopard and laptop running Tiger 4.11

That is all I have tried so far. At the moment functionality is so poor that I shall not use it until Apple have got there act together for those of us who do not have the time or inclination to spend ages sorting out the software.

A very unimpressive beginning.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Mine seems to work just fine.
QUOTE Thanks
AJB

AJB is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 2.8 24"/ 13" macbook pro / G4 tower & cinema scrren / 12" powerbook / classic curvy G3 laptop!

Additional faults:

All .Mac aliases have vanished
Folders expand automatically when Me.com is opened (which I don't want as I don't wish thw contents to appear on screen and there seems to be no way of turning this silly feature off).
QUOTE Thanks
mapexvenus

mapexvenus is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.2 Ghz/ 2GB RAM / 120 GB HDD

It appears that Mobileme is a novelty as best. The service has never worked inconsistently for me, and for several hundred other users. The 'latest' set of problems I am facing include a message that keeps popping up telling me that my Mobileme password has changed and that I need to re-login to my account.

To add to that my iCal calendars are not syncing my with calendars on Mobileme.

yes, it does appear to be in a state of shambles.

I am an Apple customer, not a fanboy.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Camp, CMD Button does not do anything on boot | Sharing iCal and the Address book - how? »