New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Best incremental backup software other than Time Machine

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MattSharp

MattSharp is an unknown at this point

So I am wondering what else people use out there other than Time Machine to do incremental backups?

I don't mean apps like Super Duper or CCC that make bootable images or just back up what changes. I want to be able to save several versions of files (like Time Machine).

There are a bunch of reasons I don't like Time Machine. First I have a backup server that all my Macs go to and it's not a Mac and Time Machine can't do network volumes like this without hacks. Plus it's not very customizable.

I used to use dirvish when I was on Linux and since OS X is built on BSD I am sure it would work but it's not the most elegant solution.

I have heard that Chronosync can be good for something like this. The three licenses I would need would cost me like $90 which is a bit steep but if it does what I want I am cool.

Any other suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
MattSharp

MattSharp is an unknown at this point

One bump, asking for input...
QUOTE Thanks
bekandersen

bekandersen is on a distinguished road

Chronosync is really nice, i use it regularly.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes wont eject disc | problem in uninstalling MIRO »