New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MacBook - Iphoto problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

angy1993

angy1993 is on a distinguished road

iphoto doesnt want to open up.

does anyone know what i should do?

HELP PLEASE
QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

did you try restarting your computer?? just an idea...

"In a world full of ordinaries,
I will be extraordinary"
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Moved to move suitable forum.
QUOTE Thanks
officeguy

officeguy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Bog imac

My solution to iphoto problems was to buy Aperture

simple fix.

TAKE A MEMO!
QUOTE Thanks
angy1993

yes i did and it didnt work. ive had this problem for days now.

any other ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
angy1993

i have a trial of aperture but i find it hard to use. i just started using mac. and i really liked iphoto.

should i call mac support and ask for their help?
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

Please give us more information and we can probably help. What exactly are you doing, and what, exactly is happening? What version of the OS are you running? What version of iPhoto? We need much more info before we can help.

Mary
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute

Search for com.apple.iPhoto.plist and delete it. Restarting the computer might be needed. If that doesn't work, reinstalling it might do the trick. Download the application Pacifist and insert your restore disc into your computer, Pacifist will aid you in finding and reinstalling iPhoto.
QUOTE Thanks
angy1993

wont inserting the restore disc erase all my information?

i just updated my computer and tried to open iphoto and it says that the program has stopped working,

it opens up and right when its going to take me to my events it freezes and closes
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

No, simply inserting the restoration disc will not erase your information, when inserting it. Install Pacifist, insert the disc, launch the Pacifist, then find iPhoto and reinstall the app.
QUOTE Thanks
angy1993

does the restoration disc come with the mac.

is it the install disc?
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

Yes, the install disc.
QUOTE Thanks
angy1993

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
angy1993

is it the first one or the second one?
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

Should be the first I think, not sure. Try the second, if not so.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Entourage signature with hyperlink in graphic | Firefox bookmarks alphabetical by default? »