New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Firefox 3 and vBulletin Boards Help?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KiwiJenn

KiwiJenn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver

I upgraded to Firefox 3 the other week and I noticed that the 'Quick Reply' just sits there after I hit Post Quick Reply on two vBulletin Boards I use, so I'm guessing it maybe affecting all vBulletin forums? I also can't edit any posts on these boards wither so I have to use Safari

If I want to post on my vBulletin Board or on my friends board, I have to do this......Go to 'Go Advanced' mode then post it and it works.

But I have come here and done a reply post before this post and notice Firefox doesn't have the above problem with 'Quick Reply'.

Does anyone here know what's happening, it maybe the vBulletin Boards I'm using as they both on the same server.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
INTELligent

INTELligent can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Mac Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiJenn View Post
I upgraded to Firefox 3 the other week and I noticed that the 'Quick Reply' just sits there after I hit Post Quick Reply on two vBulletin Boards I use, so I'm guessing it maybe affecting all vBulletin forums? I also can't edit any posts on these boards wither so I have to use Safari

If I want to post on my vBulletin Board or on my friends board, I have to do this......Go to 'Go Advanced' mode then post it and it works.

But I have come here and done a reply post before this post and notice Firefox doesn't have the above problem with 'Quick Reply'.

Does anyone here know what's happening, it maybe the vBulletin Boards I'm using as they both on the same server.

thanks
The code for vBulletin is 'set in stone', so Mozilla will have to conform to it. But, you seem to say that it worked in FF2, right? Right now, it just sounds like a minor oversight by Mozilla and the best you could do is wait on an update.
QUOTE Thanks
KiwiJenn

Mac Specs: iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver

Yea using Quick Reply on the two vBulletin boards via Firefox 2 was fine. I have another board member having the same problems as me and he's using IE (he has windows pc) to post on the two boards.
QUOTE Thanks
mudpuppy

mudpuppy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Air, Dell Inspiron 9400

I just tried it on another board and it works for me.
QUOTE Thanks
KiwiJenn

humm weird. I wonder if my board and my friends boards needs updating or does that not matter?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« App to pull photos from camera?? | Restoring Address Book Contacts HELP!!! »