New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Installing third-party apps

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DarkDTSHD

DarkDTSHD is an unknown at this point

Hello guys,

Just got my MBP today. Started the install process for installing SNAP irc client. I need to drag the Snap icon into the folder but that folder is labeled as "enable ident (optional)". Because it's set that way I can't move the Snap file to that folder to be installed. What should I do here?

Also, I don't know how to display the Firefox icon on the dock. I'm thinking the default might be limiting the number of icons?

And how do you activate the animation where when you put the pointer over an icon on the dock making the few icons "arch up" and the one selected icon enlarge?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

For Firefox double click the .dmg file, and open the install image. Drag the Firefox icon to the Applications Folder on the opened window and not to Application Folder itself.

Go to Applications and drag Firefox icon to the Dock. Sorry no experience with IRC client.
QUOTE Thanks
DarkDTSHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
For Firefox double click the .dmg file, and open the install image. Drag the Firefox icon to the Applications Folder on the opened window and not to Application Folder itself.

Go to Applications and drag Firefox icon to the Dock. Sorry no experience with IRC client.
Thanks. Looks like it worked. I'm guessing the icon should still be there when I restart my MBP.

I'm using Coliquy now instead.

How do I uninstall programs? I thought this would be intuitive. With Vista you have to go through a main menu. The "start" menu.

Also, I noticed in Mail, that in my sent e-mails there is a picture of me at the right side of the header. The picture that is taken when you first setup your Mac. Is this picture included in every e-mail sent using Apple's Mail program? If so how would I turn this off? So that my mug shot isn't sent with every e-mail.
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

DarkDTSHD,

To uninstall, just drag the program from your application folder (or utility folder) to the trash can. Some programs have an uninstaller which you would use instead. Don't forget to remove your aliases also.

There is a program called App Trap that will automatically clean up all the detritus from the program if there isn't an uninstaller for it. You can get it here: http://konstochvanligasaker.se/apptrap/.

Hope this helps, Noel
QUOTE Thanks
DarkDTSHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noels View Post
DarkDTSHD,

To uninstall, just drag the program from your application folder (or utility folder) to the trash can. Some programs have an uninstaller which you would use instead. Don't forget to remove your aliases also.

There is a program called App Trap that will automatically clean up all the detritus from the program if there isn't an uninstaller for it. You can get it here: http://konstochvanligasaker.se/apptrap/.

Hope this helps, Noel
Thanks Noel. Much appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

DarkDTSHD,

You're welcome!

Noel
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPhoto question | Newest Safari doesn't recognize my OS »