New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Uninstalling Firefox 3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sunshine1686

sunshine1686 is on a distinguished road

I just installed the new version of firefox and I hate it. I like the way firefox 2 looked. Is there anyway I can remove the new firefox without losing my bookmarks and whatnot? When I dragged the new firefox icon to my application folder, it replaced the old one. I hate the look of firefox 3, please help me get the old firefox back!

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

You can throw the application in the trash and empty and it will be gone. Only thing is new Firefox has different bookmarking system. Old ones will be there and if you install FF2 it should find them.

Just do not run an Uninstaller and you will not loose all your old settings. I still have FF2 as well as 3 and both work fine.

If you put FF2 back in applications and your settings are not there, let us know as I know where FF3 keeps everything on the hard drive.
QUOTE Thanks
sunshine1686

So if I go into my applications folder and drag the FF icon to the trash it will get rid of FF3? I'm just worried that I'd lose all my FF settings because I replaced FF2 with FF3...what should I do?
I can't find a website that will allow me to download FF2...argh I'm so angry that I did this!
How do I put FF2 back into the applications folder? There was nothing in my trash.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Here you go.

http://mac.oldapps.com/firefox.php

I just dragged FF3 to the trash and emptied.

Then I drug FF2 latest version to the Applications Folder. It worked just like it was never zapped.

Hope this helps.

There is also this URL for FF2 as the other is busy as the moment.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
QUOTE Thanks
sunshine1686

Thanks, but when I click on the link to download FF it brings me to a blank page and says "Too many connections"
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1686 View Post
Thanks, but when I click on the link to download FF it brings me to a blank page and says "Too many connections"
I added to my message. Go back and read it. I gave you another URL. I guess lots of people are going back to FF2.
QUOTE Thanks
getuptogetdown

getuptogetdown is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle

get the add on "foxmarks"....it saves all your bookmarks and you can reload them on your FF. It's nice cause it constantly keeps a backup of all your bookmarks. I wouldn't suggest ditching FF3 yet though. There will most likely be a theme at some point down the road to make it look like FF2, and there are a lot of improvements in FF3, including safety.

Loving my MBP more and more everyday
QUOTE Thanks
shahvikram123

shahvikram123 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2GHZ Intel C2D, 2 Gig Ram, 80 GB HD. Mac Mini: Intel C2D 2GHZ, 2 gig ram, 120gb HD

why don't you like firefox 3?

Vikram Shah
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firefox | RPG maker for the Mac »