New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Unable to open Preview or iTunes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

megsie40

megsie40 is on a distinguished road

Hi, this is my first post so I hope this makes sense.

I have an iBook G4, using 10.4.9. Recently, I downloaded iCombiner to merge together image files into one. This all went well and worked perfectly. I shut down my computer, all happy and content.

When I turned it back on however, I was unable to open Preview or iTunes. Both came up with the message 'You cannot use the application "Preview.app"/"iTunes.app" with this version of Mac OS X'. Internet Connect lost its saved configuration, the spotlight icon in the top right bar disappeared, all mp3 files have defaulted to Quicktime files and all images have defaulted to Photoshop files...

I haven't done anything out of the ordinary- no recent software updates or anything like that .

What on earth did I do??? I'd greatly appreciate any help.
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

I'm not sure, but my advice would be to update to the latest version of 10.4 through Software Update. I believe they're on 10.4.11?

Koalas: The mafia of the animal kingdom.

Now Powered By Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Running Automator Actions Monthly | Problems with Mail »