Specs:
    MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
    Grand Theft Auto on Mac?
    Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY I could play GTA: IV on my mac? Will there ever be available mac GTA games? It sucks not having a 360 or PS3

Specs:
    MBP 2.4GHZ PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 200GB HHD - iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    GTA is not even out for PC, so no there is no way to play it on a Mac! Just get a PS3 well worth it, I own one and love it!
    ATLChris

http://www.ATLChris.com <--- Check out my personal blog!

most of the other GTA games have been ported to windows. I don't really see why they couldn't since it's been made for XBOX (which is basically a PC console).
    so it could be played via bootcamp when that does happen.

that said, if the specs in your profile are accurate, a g4 ibook is PPC so it won't run bootcamp. so you'll either have to wait and then buy an intel mac with enough horsepower to run such a huge graphically detailed game and buy windows to put on it via bootcamp or buy a ps3 or xbox and play now.
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Specs:
    Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
    GTA IV for Windows is a very demanding game even for high-end gaming machines. Also, it only runs well if you have a quad-core processor - that's right, even a very fast dual core won't run it well at all, but a quad can handle it just fine. Of course, you also need a GeForce 8800-, 9800-, or GTX-class card (a Radeon 38xx or 48xx will also do the job). And I doubt Cider would do very well playing the game.

In other words, unless you have a Mac Pro with an upgraded video card or a high-end gaming PC, you're not going to be able to play it. Get it for one of the consoles.

How about the older GTA's? I'm thinking Vice City and San Andreas on a 2.0GHZ unibody macbook. It looks like the specs match up, but I might just be an idiot.

i just wanna know if cs.s runs well on a unibody macbook 2.4ghz,

Specs:
    2.93 Ghz C2D 15" MBP, 4GB RAM, 512MB 9600GT
    Quote Originally Posted by batman1992 View Post
    i just wanna know if cs.s runs well on a unibody macbook 2.4ghz,
    it will

well the game needs an extremely good computer, and the game is 18 gb! my friend has it for pc. and it runs not so great, and it was on lowest possible settings he has a reallly good computer too.

Specs:
    2.8Ghz MBP
    If you're good a programing and stuff like that you can try and port it over to OSX using something called Cider. Gotta be honest and say I have no idea how it works, but I got HalfLife 2 and Left4Dead Cider ports and they run pretty darn well (Don't yell at me about piracy I do own the games for Windows and Xbox).

Thread Information