New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Grand Theft Auto on Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DoneDeal

DoneDeal is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS

Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY I could play GTA: IV on my mac? Will there ever be available mac GTA games? It sucks not having a 360 or PS3
QUOTE Thanks
ATLienGeorgia

ATLienGeorgia is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4GHZ PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 200GB HHD - iPhone 3G 16GB Black

GTA is not even out for PC, so no there is no way to play it on a Mac! Just get a PS3 well worth it, I own one and love it!

ATLChris

http://www.ATLChris.com <--- Check out my personal blog!
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

most of the other GTA games have been ported to windows. I don't really see why they couldn't since it's been made for XBOX (which is basically a PC console).
so it could be played via bootcamp when that does happen.

that said, if the specs in your profile are accurate, a g4 ibook is PPC so it won't run bootcamp. so you'll either have to wait and then buy an intel mac with enough horsepower to run such a huge graphically detailed game and buy windows to put on it via bootcamp or buy a ps3 or xbox and play now.

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks
Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV

GTA IV for Windows is a very demanding game even for high-end gaming machines. Also, it only runs well if you have a quad-core processor - that's right, even a very fast dual core won't run it well at all, but a quad can handle it just fine. Of course, you also need a GeForce 8800-, 9800-, or GTX-class card (a Radeon 38xx or 48xx will also do the job). And I doubt Cider would do very well playing the game.

In other words, unless you have a Mac Pro with an upgraded video card or a high-end gaming PC, you're not going to be able to play it. Get it for one of the consoles.
QUOTE Thanks
zawillif

zawillif is on a distinguished road

How about the older GTA's? I'm thinking Vice City and San Andreas on a 2.0GHZ unibody macbook. It looks like the specs match up, but I might just be an idiot.
QUOTE Thanks
batman1992

batman1992 is on a distinguished road

i just wanna know if cs.s runs well on a unibody macbook 2.4ghz,
QUOTE Thanks
Slim-city

Slim-city is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.93 Ghz C2D 15" MBP, 4GB RAM, 512MB 9600GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1992 View Post
i just wanna know if cs.s runs well on a unibody macbook 2.4ghz,
it will
QUOTE Thanks
awesomeawesome

awesomeawesome is on a distinguished road

well the game needs an extremely good computer, and the game is 18 gb! my friend has it for pc. and it runs not so great, and it was on lowest possible settings he has a reallly good computer too.
QUOTE Thanks
Lankysean

Lankysean will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.8Ghz MBP

If you're good a programing and stuff like that you can try and port it over to OSX using something called Cider. Gotta be honest and say I have no idea how it works, but I got HalfLife 2 and Left4Dead Cider ports and they run pretty darn well (Don't yell at me about piracy I do own the games for Windows and Xbox).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How? Forms with fields you can fill in before printing | safari java problem? »