New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Command & Conquer 3 without having disk in??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fyrman22

fyrman22 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano

Does anyone know how I can Play C&C 3 Tiberium Wars without having to have the disk in? I purchased the game the other day and have registered everything online. I installed the game to the HD but what for if I have to have the disk in all the time. The icon on the desktop for the DVD is driving me nuts I don't want do disable the icons thru the finder prefs. for other stuff.

QUOTE Thanks
sombra17

sombra17 is on a distinguished road

I wish I have it too!!!
QUOTE Thanks
RONE

RONE has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrman22 View Post
Does anyone know how I can Play C&C 3 Tiberium Wars without having to have the disk in? I purchased the game the other day and have registered everything online. I installed the game to the HD but what for if I have to have the disk in all the time. The icon on the desktop for the DVD is driving me nuts I don't want do disable the icons thru the finder prefs. for other stuff.
EDIT: I deleted the rest of my post because I just realized you don't want to have the dvd icon on the desktop. Seems kind of a weird thing to complain about, seeing as when you're playing the game you can't see your desktop. When you're not playing the game, have you tried ejecting the disc if it bothers you so much?
QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

Thats what I ended up doing. I use a sleeve and would like to just leave it in there. But no dice I guess I could throw it in the laptop sleeve with a slim disk protector on it. Its just weird that you have to install over 5 gigs of stuff from the disk to the HD and still need the disk in the machine to play the game.

QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

well its all about curbing piracy and it doesnt need the cd for anything other than knowing that you have the real cd.

the only things you can do are to burn a copy so if it get scratched up its not the original, or try and find a no-cd hack.
QUOTE Thanks
sombra17

sombra17 is on a distinguished road

where can I find the No-CD track?
QUOTE Thanks
mrben2k8

mrben2k8 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro Intel i5 2.53GHz, 4GB, 500GB, nVidia GT330m. iPhone 4S 16GB

www.megagames.com are usually pretty hot on that, but i didnt check it..

mr.Ben
QUOTE Thanks
mrben2k8

mrben2k8 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro Intel i5 2.53GHz, 4GB, 500GB, nVidia GT330m. iPhone 4S 16GB

http://www.megagames.com/cracks/html/c922910_0.htm

mr.Ben
QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

Thanks i'll check it out.

QUOTE Thanks
kmkl

kmkl is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD

I'm not sure if it works for your game, or other newer games, but try these two things:

You can open up disk utility, select the dvd, and create a disk image from that. You will need to open the .dmg every time you want to play, and it will leave a icon on the desktop until you eject.

If that doesn't work, TOAST IT! I personally don't use toast (as I can open most .toast with disk utility) but my friend uses it. Make a toast file of the dvd and then right click the newly created .toast and go to more and mount it. You will need Toast for this.
QUOTE Thanks
RONE

RONE has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmkl View Post
I'm not sure if it works for your game, or other newer games, but try these two things:

You can open up disk utility, select the dvd, and create a disk image from that. You will need to open the .dmg every time you want to play, and it will leave a icon on the desktop until you eject.

If that doesn't work, TOAST IT! I personally don't use toast (as I can open most .toast with disk utility) but my friend uses it. Make a toast file of the dvd and then right click the newly created .toast and go to more and mount it. You will need Toast for this.
These two methods don't work with all games, as some have more precise copyright methods that actually check if a disc is present in the drive. It definitely does work on older games (I use the disk utility method for Starcraft).
QUOTE Thanks
kmkl

kmkl is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD

the toast method worked on another game of mine once
QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

Found these instructions online and it worked!!

download the CommandAndConquer3TiberiumWarsv1.09NoDVDFixedDllEn g.rar file from GameBurnWorld and decompress it with unrar or stuffit expander
No DVD Crack : http://www.gameburnworld.com/dl/dl.p...ixedDllEng.rar

Pro Instructions:
Replace the cnc3game.dat file with the one your got from GameBurnWorld at the path /Command and Conquer 3/Command and Conquer 3.app/Contents/Resources/Command and Conquer 3.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Command & Conquer 3/RetailExe/1.9/cnc3game.dat

Easy Instructions:
Step 1 - Control-click (or right-click) on Command and Conquer 3 to show package contents

Step 2 - Navigate to /Contents/Resources/Command and Conquer 3 and control-click (or right-click) on Command and Conquer 3again to show package contents

Step 3 - Navigate to /Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/Command & Conquer 3/RetailExe/1.9/ folder and drop in the new cnc3game.dat you got from GameBurnWorld.

That's it.

QUOTE Thanks
M0RB0

M0RB0 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Unstoppable Macbook Pro of death.

ive seen this method posted elsewhere, and people seem to say that it works, but it dosent for me!

any idea why?

Morbo congratulates our gargantuan cyborg president. May death come quickly to his enemies.
QUOTE Thanks
Blamez

Blamez is an unknown at this point

Are you trying to update to 1.09 before updating to 1.08? That might be the problem.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« safari wont work | mail dissappeared »