New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Click N Ship USPS Labels Won't Print

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jennymac

jennymac will become famous soon enough

Well, I'm beyond lost and have SO many questions. I just had my new iMac and a MacBook set up yesterday, so I realize there will be a learning curve (obviously). I am exhausted trying to figure some stuff out (def not enough sleep)!

I'll limit this to just one question, but expect to hear from me frequently. Ack!

Anyway, I do a lot of shipping using the Click N Ship labels feature on the USPS site. Now, when I get one ready to go, it looks as though it will print, but doesn't. I really depend on using the labels. Thanks for any help! Jennifer
QUOTE Thanks
rich6490

rich6490 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm

Does the picture of the "Sample" label come up where you click print? If not, turn off pop up blocker.

-Zach, A.C.T.
QUOTE Thanks
jennymac

Yes, the sample label does come up, however I called the USPS and they said that the labels will only work with a different browser, specifically Firefox. I also need Adobe which I thought was already on the machine, but perhaps not.

How DO I turn off the popup blocker for future reference? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Adobe is not on your machine, but preview will display PDF's just fine.

Try printing them from Firefox, see if that resolves the issue. As long as the PDF is rendered, I'm not certain that Adobe Viewer is actually required.

Shift - Cmd - K will turn off the pop up blocker, so will clicking on "Safari" > Turn off pop up blocker.

Other than that, I never use Safari.. so I can't help ya

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

I have had similar problems with shipping labels. I can't recall which shipper at the moment. What I have done in these cases is...

After clicking print label and the print window comes up I hit cancel at that point the web page actually loads up then I hit print again. It doesn't fix the problem but it's a work around.
QUOTE Thanks
jennymac

Thanks, much appreciated. Oh, I figured out the pop up blocker (how to turn off) - too easy!

Well, I downloaded Firefox, so I'll see if that helps. I may also try your work-around. Take care, Jennifer
QUOTE Thanks
obdave

obdave is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I'm running into that too. I emailed the USPS and they sent me a PDF explaining how to configure the mac to print address labels. The PDF contains instructions for configuring Internet Explorer (ha! like I'll be installing that!) and Safari. Presumably Firefox (my browser of choice) is not supported.

You also have to install the Adobe reader, and then associate all PDFs with the Adobe reader. Then you have to make sure that cookies are enabled in Safari. This worked for me.

I got here because I was googling for a way to get Firefox to work too.
QUOTE Thanks
obdave

obdave is on a distinguished road

Hey, I think I just figured something out. When you try to print a label, a file gets downloaded onto your system. The file is called com.usps.cns.web.pdf-nn.LabelGenerationServlet but it's actually a PDF file. So go to your downloads folder, and associate this file type with the Adobe Reader.

Subsequent attempts to print labels seem to work now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« set up ScreenRecycler to use a PC as a second monitor | Itunes 8 Grid View »