New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Please, need help with Nicotine+

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fluno24

fluno24 is on a distinguished road

I've been trying to install Nicotine+ on my Intel Mac. Everything seems to install fine, but when I go to run nicotine I get the following error.

Nicotine supports "psyco", an inline optimizer for python
code, you can get it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/psyco/

Can not find required PyGTK. The current search path is
['/Users/ryanfortier/nicotine+', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python23.zip', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/plat-darwin', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/plat-mac', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/lib-tk', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Extras/lib/python']

I've been searching everywhere on how to fix this and have yet to find a solution, partially because most of the forums containing this problem are for Linux.

I have run Nicotine 1.0.8, but the bugs have gotten me away from it and figured I would try Nicotine+. If all else fails I guess I could try SoulseeX, but the UI keeps doesn't thrill me.

Thank you in advance

p.s. I'm fairly n00bish.
QUOTE Thanks
fluno24

fluno24 is on a distinguished road

I Installed PyGTK using Darwin according to the instructions here http://nicotine-plus.sourceforge.net...allation-Apple

I am now trying to install it using MacPorts but run into little errors here and there. Cleared them up until:

*** A new enough version of pkg-config was not found.
*** See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig/
configure: error: maybe you want the pygobject-2-4 branch?

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: py25-gtk py25-gobject
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

downloaded pkgconfig and followed instructions, when it comes to "make install" I get the following:

/bin/sh ./mkinstalldirs /usr/local/bin
mkdir -p -- /usr/local/bin
mkdir: /usr/local: Permission denied
make[2]: *** [install-binPROGRAMS] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

Thats currently where i am stuck now, if you could help with this that would be great too.
QUOTE Thanks
PutLinuxOnIt

PutLinuxOnIt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluno24 View Post
mkdir: /usr/local: Permission denied
make[2]: *** [install-binPROGRAMS] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1[/COLOR]

Thats currently where i am stuck now, if you could help with this that would be great too.
Do make install as a root (Admin) account.

See:
How to Enable the "root" Account on Mac OS X
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bluetooth Reinstall | I need your help »