New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Sound not playing in Quicktime

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MXER514

MXER514 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 2GB RAM

On a few files that I try to play in Quicktime, the sound doesn't work. I get a popup that says I need to download additional components and it takes my to a quicktime page from Apple.

Here it is: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/resou...btype=6d730050

I have already downloaded the Quicktime, but that has not fixed it. Anyone have an idea what I need to do?
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

You need to tell us more. What are the format of the files or where did they come from. Without knowing, I'd guess they are some kind of mpeg file and maybe streamclip will fix it.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
MXER514

MXER514 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 2GB RAM

It is an AVI file, downloaded it via torrents

It has done this to some other files that I have downloaded as torrents. It plays just with no sound. I might try some other media playback app and see if it still continues.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Have you tried a QuickTime ad-on such as Perian?

You could search the Movies and Video forum for the words; AVI no sound. That will get a few hits that look valid for your issue.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« simple notepad, word processor | Error in Terminal (Can't log in as super-user anymore) »