New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Re-occuring iPhoto error message... Any advice?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrsmitty13

mrsmitty13 is on a distinguished road

I just purchased my second mac (iMac 24" screen) which has finally made me free from windows. So one of my first things I did was put my 10 year 30,000 photo collection into iPhoto... Everything worked fine except I'm having one problem.... Apparently there were 15 files that were messed up and didn't get imported. Thats fine and no big deal, I can do without them. The problem is EVERYTIME I open iPhoto I get the error message....

Photos have been found in the iPhoto library that were not imported. Would you like to import them?

This has a yes or no question.... If I say yes, iphoto will create an "album" that is empty with no photos entitled "recovered photos" and give me the error message....

Unreadable Files
The following files could not be imported (they may be an unrecognized file type or the files may not contain valid data)

If I choose NO, then iPhoto will give me this message....

The photos have been placed in the folder /Users/ks72/Pictures/iPhoto Library Recovered Photos_3.

I'm find with trashing these photos and you think after iPhoto placed them in the folder it would stop but it happens EVERYTIME I open iPhoto... I found one thing online somewhere that was partially relevant and it said "go into your iphoto library and find the actual data files which might be difficult due to the naming system and delete them" but how do I go INTO the iphoto library. Everytime I go in my pictures folder and click on the iPhoto library it will just open iPhoto....

Please advise!!! Thank You!

I am using the latest versions of leopard and iphoto.
QUOTE Thanks
umang7888

umang7888 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz 2 GB RAM 250 GB HDD NViDA GeForce 8600 GMT

Right click on iphoto library icon in pictures folder & click on Show Package Contents..there are two folders in which all the photos are stored. one of them is Originals & other one is Modified.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

iPod 5.5 Gen Video 30 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB |Airport Express |
MacBook Pro Penryn 2.5 GHz | 2 GB RAM | NVida GeFroce 8600 GMT|
QUOTE Thanks
mrsmitty13

mrsmitty13 is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much.. That helped me get sent on the right path!!! I finally got it deleted and now my iphoto is happy once again!!
QUOTE Thanks
jfberleur

jfberleur is on a distinguished road

I manage to find the folders but how can you identify which photo are problematic and delete them?

thanks
JF
QUOTE Thanks
Chenti

Chenti is on a distinguished road

I cant get it to work either...must be me ;-)
QUOTE Thanks
SSS28

SSS28 is on a distinguished road

Problem: A photo has been found in the iPhoto library that was not imported.

The solution posted earlier does not seem to work.
I do not find the folders named "original or Modified", in their places I find a lot more named things like "Import , Master , Previews and Thumbnails all of which contain at least three more folders each and eventually dated folders and all my photo's.

amongest the Import,Previews etc folders there are other folders such as
AlbumData.xml, Auto Imports and Contents etc. each of which seem to be empty and blank.
Furthermore there are what would seem to be 12 white sub folders with names like Info.plist, iPhoto.ipspot and ThumbJPGSegment.data.

All this seems rather confusing to me and I am attempting to teach myself better computer literacy.

Please any suggests

Thanking You in Advance.

Andrew
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MiniLyrics | Games for Apps »