New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Help with Safari Toolbar Please.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JKim123123

JKim123123 is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

This is my first post, I am really new to all this so please bear with me.

Was fiddling around with safari today, I wanted to change the skin color so I downloaded a "safariunify.dmg" file. Ran the program but when I tried to run safari a black box appeared saying that I needed to restart my computer. I kind of panicked thinking I had downloaded a virus but figured it would be ok because the file was from MacUpdate.com.

So after the restart, safari would not open, so I uninstalled the "safariunify" app and opened it up again. It opened this time but now my safari has two toolbars and I can't seem to get rid of the second one. The first one is the standard toolbar but there is one below it that seems to be a custom toolbar that I didn't customize.

I have tried restarting, reseting, emptying cache and deleting my plist for safari but nothing seems to work. Also, when I try to open a new tab a blank white screen appears and safari freezes and shuts down.

I have included three screen shots.

The first one is safari with the two toolbars.

Now I am going to click on "hide toolbar".

After I hid the toolbar, the second one is still there. This is the one I can't and want to get rid of.

I am on a ibook G4 running 10.5.3.

I don't know what else to include but if there is any other pertinent information that might help then please let me know. Any sort of help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Just curious, do you have any Plug-Ins installed in Safari or Application Enhancers?
QUOTE Thanks
JKim123123

To be honest, I am not really sure. I did do a clean install for leopard last week and just recently updated to 10.5.3 so I don't think so. But how do I check just to be sure?

Sorry for the "noob-ness", I am not too mac savvy.
QUOTE Thanks
JKim123123

nevermind , I think I am just going to reinstall leopard. its only been about a week so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. thank you anyways.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I looked and looked and so far have found nothing about your double toolbar issue and I have never had it happen here that I can remember. Sorry.
QUOTE Thanks
JKim123123

No worries, I just ended up doing a re-install because it was driving me crazy. A bit extreme but it got the job done. lol.

Either way thanks for taking the time to try and help, I appreciate it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mail Malfunction | Guest Account's internet access does not work »