New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Age of Conan on an iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

silvine

silvine is on a distinguished road

Anyone playing Age of Conan via Bootcamp on an iMAc? How does it handle?
QUOTE Thanks
Pixel_Donkey

Pixel_Donkey is on a distinguished road

I would like to know this too. I have a 2ghz intel 1.5gb imac.

It was about time I switched... and I am so glad I did.
QUOTE Thanks
silvine

silvine is on a distinguished road

I've heard great things about the game. I can see myself picking this one up if the iMac is up to it.
QUOTE Thanks
Hooahman

Hooahman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.5GHz Core2Duo, 4gb PC5300 RAM, 200gb 7200RPM HD, nVidia 8600m GT 512mb

Not sure about an iMac, but on my Macbook Pro (2.5 C2D, 2gb RAM, 512mb 8600m gt) I get ~30-40FPS on LOW settings @ 1440x900. Even on low settings, the game looks and plays spectacular. I'd highly reccommend it.
QUOTE Thanks
Pixel_Donkey

Pixel_Donkey is on a distinguished road

The older imac (not the black one) doesn't have fantastic graphics. I wish there was a trial out but we'll have to wait.

It was about time I switched... and I am so glad I did.
QUOTE Thanks
Evesweater

Evesweater is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: # 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvine View Post
Anyone playing Age of Conan via Bootcamp on an iMAc? How does it handle?

I'm Bootcamping AoC with Boot Camp 2.1 and Windows XP 32-bit. I was running Windows XP 64bit, so I could get use of as much RAM as possible (I have 3 gigs currently), but I couldn't find the driver to get the WiFi working.

Everything runs wonderfully, but I can not run full bore on all the options. I run the native resolution and most settings at med-high, all draw distances at max, and I have no problems. Occassionally the FPS will drop below 15 and cause some stuttering, but most of the time I'm hovering right around 20-24 fps.

I could, of course, lower the resolution or put everything on medium, and still have a very pretty game, but I really don't notice it. I've probably put a good 20 hours into the game, and I'm still tweaking.
QUOTE Thanks
eon.

eon. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evesweater View Post
I'm Bootcamping AoC with Boot Camp 2.1 and Windows XP 32-bit. I was running Windows XP 64bit, so I could get use of as much RAM as possible (I have 3 gigs currently), but I couldn't find the driver to get the WiFi working.

Everything runs wonderfully, but I can not run full bore on all the options. I run the native resolution and most settings at med-high, all draw distances at max, and I have no problems. Occassionally the FPS will drop below 15 and cause some stuttering, but most of the time I'm hovering right around 20-24 fps.

I could, of course, lower the resolution or put everything on medium, and still have a very pretty game, but I really don't notice it. I've probably put a good 20 hours into the game, and I'm still tweaking.

what iMac are you using? I have the original Intel iMac with the 2ghz core duo and an upgraded ATI x1600 256mb vid card and 2gb of RAM and the game runs like garbage. I have EVERY thing on low and either turned off or turned as low as it can go (i even turned off the ambient sounds and background music) and I'm lucky if I get 15fps with nothing else going on on the screen.
QUOTE Thanks
popo1661

popo1661 is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to run AoC on my Intel based iMac OS 10.5 that I purchased Sep 07. Wonder if it will run smoothly on it. I have bootcamp installed and found out that I don't have enough HD space in my Windows' partition (need to grab 30 GB from Mac's to Windows'). Any one know how to re-size the partitions without having to re-stall Windows and all the programs/data? Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« FireFox Home Hotkey | iMovie 4.0.1 will not open »