New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Starcraft on OS X? PLEASE HELP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mr Invader

Mr Invader is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15 in. 2.4 GHz

Please help. I just got my macbook pro today and I wanted to play Starcraft on it. I installed the CD, I downloaded the Starcraft OS X installer and the v1.15.2 patch. I followed the instructions to copy the patch and I used the installer to install the CD on the machine. Everything should work, but it doesn't. I click on the icon to start it up, and it gives me some options for the game, then closes. I tried it without the disc and it just asks to put in the CD.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
RONE

RONE has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

Try re-installing it.

Also double-check you installed the correct patch (intel vs. non-intel makes a difference).
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Have you got a MacBook Pro and leopard - if so they want to hear from you

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread....pport&T=535843
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Invader

I did. Nothing is different. Maybe it's my CD? Do I need to reboot after the installation?

I downloaded both files from http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...starcraft.html
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Invader

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
Have you got a MacBook Pro and leopard - if so they want to hear from you

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread....pport&T=535843
Yeah, the problem they describe is the exact same thing that is happening to me. Oh well, maybe someday it will be fixed.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Send them your system profile anyway - they will send the details on to Apple to help resolve it
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Invader

All right I did. Hopefully this will be fixed before long. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« openoffice and formula editor | A mac equivalent to MS Publisher »