Quicken online banking
    Hello,
    I recently have set up Quicken 2007 for the Mac OS. I have tried to link up the Citibank financial institution with the computer program with Citibank but have not been able to do so. There are multiple citibank options including
    Citibank --
    Citibank -- Quicken Business card
    Citibank -- Quicken Credit Card
    Citibusiness -- Credit Cards
    Citibusiness WebConnect

I click the first option and then select the "Online" option.

it requests customer ID and PIN so I enter those. Then it shows getting the online financial information.

It then requests that I enter a new PIN/password for connecting first time.

It then just stalls and doesn't connect my information.

I contacted Citibank, but wondered if anyone else had problems/solutions with this in the mac community (Which has been an interest of mine longer than the banking community)! Thanks!

Specs:
    27" 5K iMac, 3.3GHz, 256GB Flash Storge, 16GB memory and OS X.11.3.
    John living in rural Australia I do all my banking online through a financial institution here in Australia who have introduced a gadget called Verisign Identity Protection which generates six digit random codes.

These little gadgets, made in China of course, are collected by account holders, and the serial number and first two random numbers it generates are entered once only and when accessing my account now, enter account number and password, and when requested, press the start button and enter the next generated Verisign number.

Appears each electronic gadget comes with up to 100,000 six digit random numbers pre-entered which are also pre-recorded with my account number.

Anyone else using this or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    John living in rural Australia I do all my banking online through a financial institution here in Australia who have introduced a gadget called Verisign Identity Protection which generates six digit random codes.

These little gadgets, made in China of course, are collected by account holders, and the serial number and first two random numbers it generates are entered once only and when accessing my account now, enter account number and password, and when requested, press the start button and enter the next generated Verisign number.

Appears each electronic gadget comes with up to 100,000 six digit random numbers pre-entered which are also pre-recorded with my account number.

Anyone else using this or something similar?
    Hey harry, cheers to life "down under" always wanted to go to australia. I'm in CA so I can't complain, though!

Anyways, you sound extremely informed and knowledgeable, but WHAT are you talking about? I just don't understand it?

Are you talking about Quicken 2007? B/c that was the original question post.

Are you talking about clearing houses with banks or something?? (something I am just starting to learn about)

Do you buy this Verisign gadget like for $10 and it looks like a calculate and you use to creat an algorithm?

Does the device store passwords?

I respect your attempt, but You're response was incredibly vague, ambiguous and confusing.

Thread Information