New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Entourage 2004 Connection issues connecting to exchange 2003

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ethrinil

Ethrinil is on a distinguished road

First and foremost, I am both brand new to Macs and to this forum! So far I am enjoying the Mac as a whole.

I am trying to get my Entourage clients to play with the exchange server. The Issue is that entourage just doesn't see the exchange server. I am fairly certain i am doing everything correctly yet it just gives me an error saying it cannot see it.

Does the mac need to be added to the domain, meaning should i be logging into the domain at logon? , (is that even possible)?

Is there something i have to do on the server side? or does this sound like an issue on the client side?

Currently i am running parrallels desktop with outlook on this machine and that works fine.

If I missed anything, I will get more details on this thread!

Thanks In advance.
QUOTE Thanks
Ethrinil

Ethrinil is on a distinguished road

Problem Solved!!

I Kept playing around with the settings in Entourage, changing one thing after another until i got one step further.

Here is what i did to resolve my problem:

First on the server end of things two things must be enabled for entourage to work correctly: LDAP and WebDAV

LDAP: Unfortunately this was all ready setup on the server, so i don't know how to install this.

WebDAV: This is a plugin you have to install through add/remove windows components on the server. it is under IIS.

Under Tools > Accounts:
I created a new exchange account (actually i edited the previous one i had created but thats not required)

I clicked configure manually. On the account settings area filled out these things:

Name: <Your name (how you want it to appear in someone else's inbox)>
E-Mail Address: <the email address you are trying to set-up>

Account ID: < <domain>\<username> >
Domain: <I Left this blank> - This is where i was running into my problems.
Password: <password> - Check the save password

Exchange Server: Here is another area that was throwing me off...
I ended up having to type in the Web address of the Outlook Web Client in the area. (this is what i i believe the webDAV plugin assists with.)
so an example should be: http://mail.<server>.com

Check off the next few boxes if they apply yo you.

Next tab i left default.

Under the Advanced Tab:

I had to use the IP addresses for the servers tying out the server names and domains was another problem Entourage was having.

The public folders server: <Ip address of the Mail server> (or the ip address of where you access your public folders from)
-Again check off the next two boxes if they apply to you.

The LDAP server: <IP Address of the LDAP Server> (it will most likely be on the Primary Domain Controller or the Mail Server)
- Check off the next few boxes if they apply to you.
- Search base: I left mine blank but if you know what need to go there fill that out.

The rest of the tabs i left default.

Hope this helps anyone... cause i searched the web for days looking for these answers. some i found, others i did myself by trial and error in the program.

Anyways good luck!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems publishing photo albums to .mac with iweb | Indesign CS– links not updating for files on server »