New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Connect 360 problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

silvine

silvine is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have installed Connect 360 and it doesn't seem to work. Despite my Xbox being powered on and sharing enabled my Mac can't see my Xbox.

I have my Xbox plugged into a router downstairs and the iMAc set up via Aiport. My iMac can connect fine to the same router for the internet.

I used to stream movies, music to the Xbox via a similar set up using a Windows PC. And it is (was) a real cool feature.

Any advice? Are there any other programmes I can use to do this? I am tempted to just use Bootcamp and go into Windows when I need to stream but I'd like to leave that OS behind.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

This is likely to be a firewall issue. Make sure you have the port that Connect360 uses open.

According to the Connect 360 site you'll need to open TCP port 9335 and UDP port 1900.

HTH
mrplow

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
silvine

Cheers. Er how do I open the ports? Do I need to go into my router settings or is it through the Mac OS?
QUOTE Thanks
Soulwar

Soulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvine View Post
Cheers. Er how do I open the ports? Do I need to go into my router settings or is it through the Mac OS?
For the Mac. Go to System Preferences-Network-Sharing-Firewall
From there you can add new ports. It should say "new" or "add".
There will ne a drop down menu to select specific ports or "other" if its not listed.

When all else fails, try everything!
The Rep System and you.
Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

QUOTE Thanks
norrab

norrab is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac / 3gb ram

I don't think Connect 360 works with mixed networks. Both the Mac and Xbox need to be either connected by ethernet cable, or wirelessly. This is why I use Rivet instead.

http://cynicalpeak.com/rivet/
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Connect360 DOES work with mixed networks but it does rely on your router handling the network traffic correctly. Most modern upnp compatible routers should be fine.

You can always try connecting both the mac and xbox by cable while you debug. This will help prove it either way or email Nullriver with the details of your router and see if there are any known issues with it.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
silvine

I'll try those things when I get home. Is Rivet any better than Connect 360? I have yet to buy Connect 360.
QUOTE Thanks
norrab

norrab is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac / 3gb ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvine View Post
I'll try those things when I get home. Is Rivet any better than Connect 360? I have yet to buy Connect 360.
Give the Rivet demo a try, see if it works for you. I'm going to try connect360 tonight, thanks to mrplow (I'm assuming the latest version has fixed a lot of stuff from when I originally tried it out).

They both have folder support now, however Rivet's advantage is that it preserves folder structures. (http://www.versiontracker.com/php/fe...80515134514809)
QUOTE Thanks
silvine

It's a pity there is no free programme like Tversity.
QUOTE Thanks
prithvipartapsi

prithvipartapsi is on a distinguished road

was working just great but after a break of a couple of weeks; i found the same problem.
The connect 360 pane doesnt show the xbox and on the xbox if i try to select the computer in the 'select source' section; it says ' no computers found'.
if i 'test connection', the pc selected comes up as 'failed'. if i request more info there; it actually says'' Media sharing software includes Windows Media Player, Zune and windows media connect. you can only connect using one of these programs''.
:-(
someone please help!!
QUOTE Thanks
silvine

I got it working but I am using an older version.
QUOTE Thanks
eliehass

eliehass has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM

I just installed connect 360 on my mac and I have to say, the process was WAY easier than connecting my windows comp to my 360... ironic, isn't it?
QUOTE Thanks
silvine

Anyone know if the new update solves the issue with Leopard's firewall?
QUOTE Thanks
wong brother

wong brother is on a distinguished road

help! unable to connect360 to xbox360/mac & vice versa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can someone please help me with this, its drivin me nuts!

ok so all forums lead to how good connect360 is & what it does, but there are no real tips on how to troubleshoot.

i am unable to see my xbox with connect360

i have installed it, its in the prefpane, loads but does not connect to xbox...

i have a linksys WAG160N wireless router, i have connected the xbox to this via ethernet, & run xbox live with no problems..

i have connected thru ethernet to xbox, & to my mac wirelessly thru airport, i have also tried turning off airport & connecting directly to my laptop thru ethernet via another port....

my xbox, can not detect mac, it fails on pc connections, & the mac can not see the xbox, on connect360...

can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?
can someone please give me a detailed description of what i need to do, i have tried everything, including messing with ip addresses, & firewalls etc... but no luck, i really want this to work.. HELP!!!

everyone else seems to be able to connect without problems, why cant i?
QUOTE Thanks
silvine

Anyone having trouble playing mp3s since the NXE update?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« itunes error (-54) | Adobe Flash reader »