New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

itunes default art

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rohan

rohan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Quad i7, 16GB | 27" iMac 3.1 GHz Core i5 12GB| OS X.9.3 | iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.1

hi....i wanted to know if anyone has figured out how to change the default album art that shows up when albums dont have any....specially the artwork that shows in cover flow & quick look....even if someone can lead me to the location of the image file it would be a big help....thanks

<< i can explain it to you...but i can't understand it for you... >>
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

A lot of people go to Amazon and get the album art. Then once you have whatever art you want. Open iTunes, select all the songs on the album by using the apple button and clicking until all are selected. Control click or right click on any one and select get info. Click the artwork tab. Drag whatever artwork you want for the album into the box and then click OK.
QUOTE Thanks
Avenged Origami

Avenged Origami is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig

thats what i do.. just search the album name and click ,drag ,drop...
not too helpful when you have about 40 gigs of music

"mighty boosh rules" the panda knows best...
QUOTE Thanks
rohan

Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Quad i7, 16GB | 27" iMac 3.1 GHz Core i5 12GB| OS X.9.3 | iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.1

ahahaha...no...i dont think my question was clear...i have no issues getting & applying artwork...i have done it for a lot of my music...but some that dont have any available art or i haven't applied to...they have this default thing with the itunes note & grey/black background...im sure you have seen it...its what shows up when you browse thru cover flow for albums without art....i want to change that to something else...so by default when i either get new music/ dont want to apply album art it wont be the apple default art.

QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

I don't know how to change the default image. What I do when there is no art for something is do a google search for images. Like if I have a live performance of a band that isn't a real release. I'll just search for images of the band and pick something that I like and use that. It helps with idendtifying the album visually instead of leaving it blank or having it the same as 20 other albums with default images.
QUOTE Thanks
rohan

heres a pic of the icon/image im talking about...this is also there for coverless tracks in front row...only larger...if anyone can figure out where it is stored on the computer it would be really helpful...ive tried allt he places where i thought it should be...couldn't locate it...there is a similar icon of a grey film strip for movie files which dont have a preview frame...i couldn't find that either....where are these files being stored???

btw...its not in core services/front row/

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 2.jpg (15.9 KB, 35 views)

QUOTE Thanks
arcolin

arcolin is on a distinguished road

Hi,

sorry to re-open an old thread..

I'm looking for the same file path because sometimes (I suppose when I add a new album) the default art looks like a corrupted jpeg... (see the attachment) I don't wonder why...

did you find the file path?

thank a lot,
Marco
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Schermata 2010-08-27 a 11.52.55.jpg (51.1 KB, 6 views)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking for software which will let me edit a .mkv filename | Parallels issue »