New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari Not Launching

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Pinky1107

Pinky1107 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook, Mac OS X, 1.42GHz PowerPC G4, 512 MB

ive just updated my safari and it wont launch, i tried restarting clearing caches plists, even saw other posts on this matter tried all the things that were said and nothing.

i just reinstalled and older version 1.2 and still nothing, the application bounces and quits.

i did however notice after clearing caches and plists the application bounced more then twice but still never opened. im having the same problem with opening msn messenger and mercury messenger. my other browser firefox seems to be working fine.

but i need help please!

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Pinky1107

btw im running on 10.3.9
QUOTE Thanks
BossR07

BossR07 is on a distinguished road

I am also having this problem my safari wont launch good thing i have firefox as well my mac messenger also quits unexpectedly after bouncing i have mercury messenger but i think its workin fine for now also my veoh player is not working either
QUOTE Thanks
BossR07

my messenger safari and veoh player were working fine 2-3 days ago also another thing that quits unexpectedly is checkin for updates so id have to manually download the thing if they are able 2 fix it
QUOTE Thanks
Pinky1107

yeah! i just checked that mine does the same thing! but how come your mercury works and mine doesnt?...this is soo frustrating!

i think the only way now to resolve it is through re installin the mac discs but i dont know where they are and i have no way to backup my files thats why im asking on here lol

hopefully someone will help us
QUOTE Thanks
BossR07

i have my mac osx leopard disc ill try it 2day and tell u if it works later
QUOTE Thanks
stevegate

stevegate is on a distinguished road

hi guys,
I also have a problem with Safari since its last update, my safari before was running perfect but after the update, when I click to the link or change the tab in Safari, there is a beach ball spinning, sometime it took a few seconds and sometime it took a few minutes, it is really annoying.

Is there anyone have the same problem?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Pinky1107

hey stevegate,

i heard about that problem i dont have it my safari dont even open! (btw when you updated it did you you experience problems openin safari or did it just open as normal?)

have you tried deleated the plist which is in library>preferences. im not sure if itll work but its worth a try
QUOTE Thanks
stevegate

stevegate is on a distinguished road

Hi Pinky1107,

Thanks for the tip, i'll try. The problem has happened recently since i updated safari last time.

ops..I just open \library\preferences there are so many plist files and some folders of Adobe. I would like to make sure that Is it fine if I deleted all the files and folder in \library\preferences

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Pinky1107

sorry it the safari.plist

when you first updated it did the program open cause mine dont even open! so i just went back to my old version and its totally messed up
QUOTE Thanks
BossR07

YAY ITS FIXED RE INSTALLIN MAC OSX leopard fixs the problems so somewhere along the lines of a recent update did it
QUOTE Thanks
Pinky1107

hmm this means im gonna have to search for my dics. and ive lost my external harddrive so i dunno how im gonna store my files....any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari: Userplane webchat frame | Safari and Mail Crashing »