New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

What software do I use to make flyers?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mac O Licious

Mac O Licious is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac, 2.8G, 24", 2 gig ram and it feels good

I want to make some flyers, signs & other stuff of this type. What do I use for that? Is there ianything like Publisher that exists on the Mac already installed or do I need to layout some more cash?
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

Try iWork. Pages to be exact. You can download a free trial from Apple. There are some pretty nice templates in there.
QUOTE Thanks
JohnTheMacGeek

JohnTheMacGeek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad

I agree with Eric. I use Pages for this sort of thing and it works great!

QUOTE Thanks
Mac O Licious

So something as simple as this is not free?
QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

Well Publisher isn't free either, it's like twice as much as the whole iWork package, isn't it?

If you want something free you could try Scribus. It's kind of like an open source InDesign.
QUOTE Thanks
captaindan

captaindan will become famous soon enough

try open office.org
QUOTE Thanks
Mac O Licious

True, it isn't free but I have never paid for it.

Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

youthpastor will become famous soon enough

If money is an issue then try NeoOffice--and use the supplied word processing program to add some text and graphics and WHAM! You got a flyer.

I can remember back in school our school system only had Word, Excel, and PowerPoint--and we had to "think outside the box" and make flyers via Word.

So if you can't afford purchasing iWork then use your creativity and create a flyer on NeoOffice.

Good luck! <><

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks
Mac O Licious

Yeah,I need something cheap & easy. I don't want to make any purchases yet. At least with pc I can find something to work with, i don'tv know where to start with a Mac yet.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

So your complaint is you know where to find PC warez? That's actually kind of funny, and you probably won't find any pointers here.. it does, after all, violate the registration agreement here.

Just as an FYI
iWork runs about $60 for a proper retail license, compare that to Publisher.. there's also a free 1 month trial that you can download.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac O Licious View Post
Yeah,I need something cheap & easy. I don't want to make any purchases yet. At least with pc I can find something to work with, i don'tv know where to start with a Mac yet.
Textedit - create wonderful ASCII art flyers!

Pages has some great designs built-in... but quality usually comes with a price - regardless of your OS.
Neooffice is a free alternative, but it takes longer to create something that looks half as good as a 2-minute job in Pages IMO.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac O Licious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
So your complaint is you know where to find PC warez? That's actually kind of funny, and you probably won't find any pointers here.. it does, after all, violate the registration agreement here.

Just as an FYI
iWork runs about $60 for a proper retail license, compare that to Publisher.. there's also a free 1 month trial that you can download.

I am just trying to get some quick help because I had something I needed to do right away & I don't know the first direction to even go to beginning to look for certain types of programs. I once knew the name of anything I needed right away & now I know nothing.

I saw iWorks but I didn't know what it did, I saw Final cut & I knew right away so I bought it. I was just asking to pick others brains, maybe they know something I don't.

I just spent almost $2500, cash is going to be an issue alright.
Thanks for the help.
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Yep, I know the feeling. After delivery I got the trial, used it, liked it. Ordered it online.. then got Office free from work the next day :eek: But I still use iWork more

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
kmkl

kmkl is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.4GHz 2GB RAM 320GB HD

maybe use a graphics editor for this? like gimp, takes a week to learn, but it works somewhat like photoshop

or use Scribus as someone else recommended
QUOTE Thanks
Lytheil

Lytheil is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb

Adobe Illustrator. There's a trial software for 30 days. Try it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari doesn't recognize Mail | A fix for Firefox3bx taking a long time to open new windows »