New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Entourage Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

contenderv07

contenderv07 is on a distinguished road

Sorry, this is my first post and I'm not even sure if I'm posting it in the right place, but our CEO's secretary just got an iMac with Entourage 2008, and we have it linked directly to our exchange server (which works very well BTW). The problem I have is, she has access to his email but she wants to view her calendar in addition to his calendar all in one view. Is this even possible??? Thanks for any response..
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

youthpastor will become famous soon enough

Check out this link to see if it helps you out:

http://www.csueastbay.edu/ics/exchan...e_calshare.pdf

If that does not work for you, you may want to consider using BusySync (http://www.busymac.com/) and use the Google Calendar.

Best of luck <><

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks
contenderv07

yea I looked at those and they are talking about sharing your own calendar, not really acquiring someone else's calendar(BTW, he's using exchange). I can add someone else's calendar but it makes it's own calendar. I wanted to see if you could mesh the 2 together. Maybe have one side his and the other hers, or different colored appointments, etc.. It may not even be possible, I just thought since it's easy to do in Office 2007, this would be roughly the same process, but no luck
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

I don't think it's possible without switching identity. However if you both sync to a single external calendar, that may be a solution.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
contenderv07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
I don't think it's possible without switching identity. However if you both sync to a single external calendar, that may be a solution.

yea that's what I thought, no biggie though, she'll just have to learn the "mac" way. Oh one more thing to add if anyone else asks, I did try to create the calendar, then drag it to her existing calendar with no luck
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Yes, Entourage can only show one calendar per window.

You can open a second window (File > New Main Window) and show the second calendar in that...which is great if she has two monitors (or one really big one) but not so convenient on a smaller display.

It should be possible to overlay a delegate calendar using iCal by purchasing GroupCal. iChat's calendar display has much better support for multiple calendars than Entourage or even Outlook...but at present GroupCal does not support Mac OS X 10.5.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Keynote-template - "Coverflow" | Photo booth not supported on this architecture »