New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

GTA San Andreas

Thread Closed

RyanSmelliott

RyanSmelliott is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GHz, 4GB Ram, Intel GMA X3100 Graphics, 250GB Hard Drive, Combo Drive

Ok every one i have just got GTA San Andreas for my MacBook and it starts up and gets ready to run then it just go's off Its gets just before the menu. then Nothing.
I have a MacBook Intel Core Duo 2, 2GHz, 4GB Ram, Intel X3100, 250GB Hard Drive.

Iv seen it running on MacBook's with less spec then mine so WHY WONT IT WORK lol Help Any One?
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I assume you're trying to run it using Boot camp and not one of the virtualization solutions?

I know GTA: SA runs fine on my Macbook with the intel GMA950 chip, so assuming you've installed all the usual upgrades, you're probably better off checking a GTA forum somewhere to see if they have any ideas...
RyanSmelliott

Mac Specs: MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GHz, 4GB Ram, Intel GMA X3100 Graphics, 250GB Hard Drive, Combo Drive

No its a proper mac game its made for Mac not for Windows
and i think i am best looking for a GTA Forum i didnt really think at the time lol
was just in so much need to get the game running

but as for updates or anything i cant find any at all

But Thanks Any Way

Thank You
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 500GB HD

And where did you find this "proper" Mac version? Doing a google search brings up a ton of torrent links which are certainly not "proper" files. The only legal way to run it would be using the PC version and running it with a PC visualizer or bootcamp.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.9
RyanSmelliott

I got it off ebay its in a proper case and everything

why have i been done? cos i did look to buy it in the shops and i couldnt find it i was just thinking i was a hard game to get.

SO can you get GTA on mac or not?

sorry for the random stuff just i never played games on mac before always used my PC.
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 500GB HD

No, there is no GTA version for Mac. I'm not sure what you bought. GTA is only available on consoles and PCs.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.9
RyanSmelliott

Well im lost then as i said its in a proper case and it looks really and as i said i installed it and its comes up in a my apps and it runs.

:S ill have a look now a PROPER look lol
Avenged Origami

Avenged Origami is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: macbook 2.2 ghz , ipod classic 80 gig and ipod nano 4 gig

i think you have been urm... rumbled? is it working now?

"mighty boosh rules" the panda knows best...
RyanSmelliott

haha i think i have but yet it looks so REAL lol

as i said its got an installer and its in my apps and it runs but just gos off just before the menu screen but it dose not report any thing wrong so im lost but as you say there no word of any Mac version =S
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

As others have pointed out, there are only pirated hacked versions that will run natively under OS X.
Discussing pirated content is against forum rules, so I'm closing this thread.

Thread Closed

« Hidden Photobooth Effect | Safari 3.1.1. only slow loading web pages; Firefox ok »