New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Problem loading hotmail in Safari

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

d-rock

d-rock is on a distinguished road

I searched around the forum's database and couldn't find anything related to this topic. I can't seem to get hotmail to load in Safari. I'm using the latest update of Leopard with the most recent update of Safari. Safari used to load hotmail fine, but it stopped a few weeks ago.

I tried looking in the preferences to see if it was blocked, but I couldn't find anything. I've tried clicking on links pointed to hotmail instead of just typing it, but it still doesn't work. It will work fine on firefox and camino, just not safari.

What it actually does is it keeps changing the url while it's loading to different live/hotmail/msn addresses, but it never fully loads.

Anyone have any suggestions???

iLove my iMac
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I just tried it here in the latest Safari 3.1.1. Goes right in. What Mac do you own? What version of OSX? Do you have all the latest updates installed?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I had this problem once before. Did you check the "Save my password" option the last time you logged in? When I unchecked that the looping problem went away.

However, since you can't actually access the page, what you need to do is reset Safari. Click on Safari in the menu bar and select "Reset Safari." Check essentially everything and then hit Reset. Restart Safari and then try to load Hotmail.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
d-rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
I had this problem once before. Did you check the "Save my password" option the last time you logged in? When I unchecked that the looping problem went away.

However, since you can't actually access the page, what you need to do is reset Safari. Click on Safari in the menu bar and select "Reset Safari." Check essentially everything and then hit Reset. Restart Safari and then try to load Hotmail.
you are probably right. I remember doing that a little while ago. I'll give it a shot, thanks.

iLove my iMac
QUOTE Thanks
d-rock

yup that worked. Thanks, Kash

iLove my iMac
QUOTE Thanks
rkola12@hotmail

rkola12@hotmail is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-rock View Post
you are probably right. I remember doing that a little while ago. I'll give it a shot, thanks.
I'm a first time mac owner as of 5 days ago and love it...unfortunately I'm running into the same problems as d-rock but after trying the suggestions about it still stuck looping between the 3 hotmail/live/msn sites. Any other suggestions? I'm on Safari 3.1.1. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The Sims 2 | Updated iTunes (OSX 10.5) and no more sharing! »