Problem loading hotmail in Safari
    I searched around the forum's database and couldn't find anything related to this topic. I can't seem to get hotmail to load in Safari. I'm using the latest update of Leopard with the most recent update of Safari. Safari used to load hotmail fine, but it stopped a few weeks ago.

I tried looking in the preferences to see if it was blocked, but I couldn't find anything. I've tried clicking on links pointed to hotmail instead of just typing it, but it still doesn't work. It will work fine on firefox and camino, just not safari.

What it actually does is it keeps changing the url while it's loading to different live/hotmail/msn addresses, but it never fully loads.

Anyone have any suggestions???
    iLove my iMac

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    I just tried it here in the latest Safari 3.1.1. Goes right in. What Mac do you own? What version of OSX? Do you have all the latest updates installed?

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    I had this problem once before. Did you check the "Save my password" option the last time you logged in? When I unchecked that the looping problem went away.

However, since you can't actually access the page, what you need to do is reset Safari. Click on Safari in the menu bar and select "Reset Safari." Check essentially everything and then hit Reset. Restart Safari and then try to load Hotmail.

June 2007
    July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    I had this problem once before. Did you check the "Save my password" option the last time you logged in? When I unchecked that the looping problem went away.

However, since you can't actually access the page, what you need to do is reset Safari. Click on Safari in the menu bar and select "Reset Safari." Check essentially everything and then hit Reset. Restart Safari and then try to load Hotmail.
    you are probably right. I remember doing that a little while ago. I'll give it a shot, thanks.
    iLove my iMac

yup that worked. Thanks, Kash
    iLove my iMac

Quote Originally Posted by d-rock View Post
    you are probably right. I remember doing that a little while ago. I'll give it a shot, thanks.
    I'm a first time mac owner as of 5 days ago and love it...unfortunately I'm running into the same problems as d-rock but after trying the suggestions about it still stuck looping between the 3 hotmail/live/msn sites. Any other suggestions? I'm on Safari 3.1.1. Thanks!

Thread Information