New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Adobe problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dangedcoyote

Dangedcoyote is on a distinguished road

I have done all I know to do to find acrobat pro 8 for mac and can not. I even called adobe customer support and "Andy" there told me I could order it over the phone and they would ship it to me so he tried to get me with sales...after way to long of BAD music I hung up.
I know there is a free trial for 30 days and want to try it but it is no where to be found. The site I was pointed to by a friend and by adobe was the download for windows.
Can I download it and use it on a mac? is there a differance?
where is a link to one that works with os X?
sorry guys, I am just new with a mac but my learning curve is normally good.
QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

Well here is Adobe's site. It appears that it auto detects what platform you have. When you add it to your cart there is a dropdown to choose what platform you have, so double check that it says Mac. There is definitely a difference between Mac and Windows. The Windows version will not work.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro/

Unfortunately it looks like the trial version is only for Windows

Someone else might know of a cheaper place to purchase it. I usually buy my software through school and I don't want to inadvertently send you to a scam site.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

So you're not necessarily looking for a download, it's just that Adobe's sales rep took way too long to pick up the phone, if I read your opening post correctly.

You could order it online from Amazon.
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

Just a quick tip--Acrobat 8.0 is not Leopard compatible. Once installed, you'll need to update to 8.1.2 before it will start working consistently. I assume it will prompt you for updates, but I just don't remember.
QUOTE Thanks
Dangedcoyote

Thanks to all replying.
I do want a "trial download" to see how well it will work for me and if it will work with me with a mac. I have it on windows and it is pretty good. I also have word on my mac and it is not as much like word on my pc, so I wanted to give it a shot and see if it will be more compatable to me and my middle brain way of thinking. there was also the compatability issues I worried about.
So in short: Yes I want a download trial version (if available)
I may in the end have to do like AlyciaAnimation and get it through my university.
QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

Do most people really take advantage of Acrobat? I've had it for a while now because I usually get it alongside Photoshop and their product bundles. I can't say that I've ever really used it.

Especially now with Preview you can add comments and highlight text and do a bunch of things with pdfs. Are there important things in Acrobat that you can't do anywhere else?
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

The full version of Acrobat allows the user to make minor edits to the text the pdfs contain. I believe preview only allows you to view and markup the document. Acrobat allows you to change the documents.
QUOTE Thanks
Dangedcoyote

It also lets you rotate view. I use it on my pc a lot for school. Instructors load stuff and always get it in sideways and you can never read it. Maybe I should tell them to load it upside-down, that I can do
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Use Automator to output a list of RSS Feeds from a List of site URLs | Disable 'Remaining Credits Insufficient' warning when buying music on iTunes??? »