Thread: Please help Mac noob
04-21-2008, 01:57 PM #1
Please help Mac noob
- Member Since
- Apr 21, 2008
Hi - I have been tasked with the following:
I have to play a Flash presentation on a public display and I have to use a Mac Mini to do the job (running Leopard). All that is well and good, but I need the flash presentation to do the following:
- Start automatically at boot
- Must load the .swf from a URL
- Must play in full-screen
also, i have found (for whatever reason) that the Adobe flash player seems to hang on this particular .swf.
any help would be greatly appreciated. i will buy 3rd party software as needed. thanks.
04-21-2008, 02:48 PM #2
- Member Since
- Mar 09, 2004
- Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Short possible solution (might need a few tweaks here and there to work)
1. Download the .swf (Open "Window> Activity viewer" using Safari, copy the url and then paste it into "Window> Downloads").
2. Create an automator workflow to open the movie in quicktime and play it in fullscreen (haven't tried this, but I'm guessing it can be done). Hint: If quicktime can't play it, try seeing if you can convert it instead.
3. Add that workflow to "System Preferences > Users > Login items".
Note: If this isn't a movie, but an interactive .swf, then you'll want to go a different route and use a browser with a "kiosk mode".
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By salt-slasher in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 4Last Post: 01-13-2011, 06:28 AM
By twelvegage in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 8Last Post: 12-11-2008, 10:12 PM
By GoDaddy in forum Other Hardware and PeripheralsReplies: 3Last Post: 10-11-2007, 04:43 AM
By MiFES in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 3Last Post: 02-03-2007, 04:18 PM
By devol fish in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 4Last Post: 12-13-2003, 12:04 PM