New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari and mail not opening

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rodhole

rodhole is on a distinguished road

I did something a bit stupid today. My Safari kept on crashing so I downloaded the update which was incompatible with my version of OSX which is panther. Now whenever I try open Safari or Mail the icons bounce in the dock but nothing happens I have dumped the Safari preferences and used disk utility to repair permissions. I have also dumped the existing incompatible Safari and downloaded an earlier version.
No success yet, anything I can do which doesn't involve rebooting the operating system from the startup disks?
I have a non intel ibook G4
Here is the crash log.

Host Name: iBooks-Computer.local
Date/Time: 2008-04-16 10:58:36 +1200
OS Version: 10.3.9 (Build 7W98)
Report Version: 2

Command: Safari
Path: /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari
Version: ??? (???)
PID: 564
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

dyld: /Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari Undefined symbols:
WebKit undefined reference to _NSExcludedElementsDocumentAttribute expected to be defined in Cocoa
WebKit undefined reference to _NSViewAnimationEndFrameKey expected to be defined in Cocoa
WebKit undefined reference to _NSViewAnimationTargetKey expected to be defined in Cocoa
WebKit undefined reference to _kMDItemWhereFroms expected to be defined in Carbon
WebKit undefined reference to _kSecAsn1AlgorithmIDTemplate expected to be defined in Security
WebKit undefined reference to _kSecAsn1IA5StringTemplate expected to be defined in Security
WebKit undefined reference to _kSecAsn1SequenceOfAnyTemplate expected to be defined in Security
WebKit undefined reference to _kSecAsn1SubjectPublicKeyInfoTemplate expected to be defined in Security
WebCore undefined reference to _kCGImagePropertyGIFDelayTime expected to be defined in ApplicationServices
WebCore undefined reference to _kCGImagePropertyGIFDictionary expected to be
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Photoshop/illustrator brushes | garage band latency issue »