Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   OS X - Apps and Games (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-apps-games/)
-   -   Can I run Final Cut Studio on a MacBook (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-apps-games/104770-can-i-run-final-cut-studio-macbook.html)

eviln3d 04-14-2008 05:24 PM

Can I run Final Cut Studio on a MacBook

I see all manner of answer to this question... I've heard I wouldn't be able to install it because it checks to verify I have the minimum requirements... I've heard it works fine as long as I have 2gb of memory... and I've heard it wont start once installed because it lacks a seperate graphics card.

I'm wondering if I can install and run it on a macbook 2.16 with 2gb of memory. I know even if it works it might be slower than on a desktop... I can accept that part... but before I fork over money for it I want to verify it can run at all on what I would be putting it on.

youthpastor 04-14-2008 05:59 PM

I'm sitting here trying to remember if Final Cut Pro Studio checked my MacBook Pro whenever we installed it at the office....I can't remember, but I do know Final Cut would run pretty slow on the MacBooks.

Zoolook 04-14-2008 06:13 PM

It won't run in a MacBook - it simply won't work on the GMA950. Fincal Cut Express does though.

PowerBookG4 04-14-2008 06:25 PM

Final cut pro works on the macbook, My friend has it installed. Color and Motion won't install. DVD studio pro will. So will livetype.

Lifeisabeach 04-14-2008 07:17 PM

From the horse's mouth:

Quote:

Minimum Requirements to Install All Final Cut Studio Applications
  • A Macintosh computer with a 1.25GHz or faster PowerPC G4, PowerPC G5, Intel Core Duo, or Intel Xeon processor
  • 1GB of RAM
  • An AGP or PCI Express Quartz Extreme graphics card (Final Cut Studio is not compatible with integrated Intel graphics processors)
  • A display with 1024-by-768 resolution or higher
  • Mac OS X v10.4.9 or later
  • QuickTime 7.1.6 or later
  • A DVD drive for installation

Kash 04-14-2008 08:39 PM

life, that's for installing ALL of the apps in the suite. As Powerbook mentioned, only Color and Motion really require an accelerated graphics card, the rest of the programs will install and run just fine.

Lifeisabeach 04-15-2008 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kash (Post 635436)
life, that's for installing ALL of the apps in the suite. As Powerbook mentioned, only Color and Motion really require an accelerated graphics card, the rest of the programs will install and run just fine.

Oh really? Huh... you'd think they'd break it down more in that requirements page. Ah well... maybe I missed it. Thanx for setting me straight. :Oops:

Zoolook 04-15-2008 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kash (Post 635436)

Surely the point is that there is little point getting Pro over Express if you cannot use these apps?