New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Where to buy Mac software?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

svnipp

svnipp is on a distinguished road

The title pretty much says it all... Where is the best place to purchase Mac software? Mostly, I am looking for games. There is a Fry's, and an Apple store in the area, but these are definitely not close. My suspicion is that the best selection and price would be online. So, where do you guys buy your Mac games?

Scott
One happy switcher!
Mac Pro single Quad core/GeForce 8800 GT/2GB
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

edit: deleted content no longer necessary thanks to MHC

If your local Fry's is anything like the one here in Dallas, they just don't have much in the way of Mac software.

Once I find something I want:
For small developers selling their products at reasonable prices, I like to download and buy it direct from them.
For retail box sets, you can try Amazon and google is always good. Just make sure you end up at a reputable site. An extra $5 off at somewhere you've never heard of is not necessarily a better buy.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Farge gave this useful link, http://www.apple.com/games/ the rest was spam and the post was deleted.

I would suggest you look up MacUpdate.com and MacInTouch.com for releases, hang around here to find about new software versions, and there is also Apple/Downloads's RSS feed that lets you know of new software being released. Here's the link to the RSS feed : Downloads - Mac OS X - Just Added.

Once you are curious about software you've seen on those websites, a lot of the developers will let you try the apps before you buy so that's cool too.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Adium status question | Plugins Won't Work »