New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

OS 10.5 - Firefox 3.5 beta won't work

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

clio

clio is on a distinguished road

Hi,

It's not so much that Firefox 3 beta won't work, it's just that it's slow as molasses. I have been scouring the net trying to find a reason why and how to fix it, but I seem to be the only one with this problem. I tried it on my Windows XP PC, and it works just fine there.

If you need to know more about my mac, I have a new macbook (bought in February) with:

2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB memory
250GB hard drive
Leopard pre-installed.

(I don't know if you need to know anything more; I just switched over and know relatively little about dealing with software problems, period.)

Please help! I want that super-fast Firefox!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Have you tried removing it and installing it again?

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
clio

More times than I can count by now.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future

Download a program called AppDelete and use that to uninstall Firefox. That should remove every file associated with Firefox on your computer. Be sure to backup your bookmarks prior to doing this. Once you've removed everything, then try installing it again.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
clio

I already have the application, and used it each time I removed FF 3! Any other ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.2GHz

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it."
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Quote:
Originally Posted by clio View Post
I already have the application, and used it each time I removed FF 3! Any other ideas?
Go back to beta 4?

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
clio

I guess I'll just have to live with this mystery. I've never tried any of the other betas; I'll look into it.

Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to appropriate forum - Question on web browser not OS X itself*
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Adium ?'s | Safari video support? »