New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari video support?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ogacon

ogacon has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs:  15" 2.4 MBP  iPod Classic 80 GB, Silver

Does Safari allow for video support? Or is my computer just being dumb... I can't watch these videos. www.southparkstudios.com Can anyone else bring up a full episode?
(Maybe cause I'm using a windows version of it?)

Relay For Life Support me in Relay For Life! Run by American Cancer Society. Cancer research.
What sound does your Rooster make?
QUOTE Thanks
AlyciaAnimation

AlyciaAnimation has a spectacular aura about

Works fine for me. Do you have the latest Flash Player installed? I guess it's 9.0.115.0.

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

That should tell you what version you have.
QUOTE Thanks
ogacon

Alright... I updated it a few days ago and it still didn't work It says I'm passed the version I need now, I'm at like 214, instead of 115 or whatever it was. You get the point. Is there some issue with safari and flash video?
Thanks!
-Connor

Relay For Life Support me in Relay For Life! Run by American Cancer Society. Cancer research.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

You are using Safari 3.1 on Windows correct?

Those videos play fine on my 10.5 Mac. I will check Safari on my XP system later and get back to you.
QUOTE Thanks
ogacon

Yes. Version 3.1 (525.13.3)

From adobe site.
Quote:
You have version 9,0,124,0 installed
Thanks

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Tried it both with Safari 3.1 and latest WebKit build on XP SP2 on my AMD 64 system and all the videos there play fine. Not sure what is up.

Since they are using Flash I am wondering if it's something do with your version of Flash. Only thing I can think of right now.
QUOTE Thanks
ogacon

Probably cause I'm on Vista... most worthless thing to ever be on a computer. Where is my Commodore 64...

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogacon View Post
Probably cause I'm on Vista... most worthless thing to ever be on a computer. Where is my Commodore 64...
I still have my Commodore 64. Still works. I have it stored away in the original box!!

Yeah it could be Vista. I will check with a friend with Vista and have him try that site.
QUOTE Thanks
ogacon

I can go to other sites to watch them... but I'd rather have the better quality and such. And the 10 second commercials don't bother me, I'd rather increase traffic to that site so it stays up as it is just a beta site I can always run them in IE, but I'm trying to not need to run/want to run two different browsers based on what I'm doing

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Firefox 3.5 beta won't work | .com isn't working like normal »