New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Internet is working VERY slowww.....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tesla760

Tesla760 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook 2.4GHz - 2GB Ram - 160GB - 8x Super Drive

Well both my Safari and Firefox is working wayyyy too slow. I actually timed how long it takes to load up mac forums front page after my internet starts up (google homepage). Safari took 1 minute and 49 seconds. Firefox took 58 seconds. Each page I go to takes this long or longer, no joke. It use to take me just a few seconds to have mac forums fully loaded. I had a friend over with his macbook, older than mine, slower processor and less ram than me, his internet speed blew mine away, on my own network!! So i know for sure something is wrong with my computer. It is less than a month old. I am new to mac so I dont know exactly what is wrong and my friend could not figure it out either. I am having a bachelor party in about a month and 2 of my cousins were at my house on my computer looking for certain "girls" for my bachelor party, I am thinking maybe thats what messed something up?? I don't know. Any help would be great. Oh, and I also did a speed test and that is running fine aswell, my DL and UL speed is above average.

Thanks
-Nick
QUOTE Thanks
JohnTheMacGeek

JohnTheMacGeek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad

Are any other pages slow to load or just the m-f page?

QUOTE Thanks
Tesla760

Tesla760 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White MacBook 2.4GHz - 2GB Ram - 160GB - 8x Super Drive

everything is slow to load.. Internet is just very very slow... should I use some kind of cleanup program??
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Download Onyx and clean caches and run maintenance programs for starters.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is There.... | Clean Your Mac, Free Up Memory »