New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Incoming mp3 attachment causes Mail to hang

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Grippy

Grippy is on a distinguished road

My friend often emails me mp3s as attachments in mail, and they always come through with no problems. Today, however, he sent an mp3 and that particular email account hangs; the little timer icon just spins and spins. I have to force quit Mail, and every time I restart, an old message from my mom pops up as if newly received. I'm not sure whether the hung message is blocking all subsequent messages on my Mac (I'm currently away from my Airport), but I don't think so.

I can retrieve all the messages on the server (including test messages I sent after the problem started) using my Yahoo! Web mail account, but can't delete anything from the server. Deleting via Mail preferences doesn't work (because the message is not marked as received). Repairing permissions and restarting didn't work.

Is there any way to refuse/reject an incoming message? Can my friend (who uses a .mac mail account) recall or unsend the message? FYI: My friend and I each have Thawte certificates so our emails are encrypted.

I'm using Mail 2.3.1 with a POP account on an iBook G4 running 10.4.11.

Thanks for any and all help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Microsoft Office 2008 registration | iLife & iWork »