New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Problem with Mail need help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Soulwar

Soulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

Quote:
Ok, heres an update on something I did just after posting this, I imported everything from mail to entourage (which I never used) and everything is fine, so why is mail not showing my older emails properly...
Can you re-import from that?

When all else fails, try everything!
The Rep System and you.
Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2nk2 View Post
Haven't got one :/
Then consider this your warning

Seriously, if there's anything you'd miss on your Mac, backup. I've had two primary harddrives fail on me spontaneously in about 5 years. Not too bad considering how much I use my computers but my backups saved me both times.
QUOTE Thanks
Josh_MacMan

Josh_MacMan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, iPhone 5, Apple TV

Well, here is what I did before, I imported all the email from Mail into entourage and it seemed fine in entourage, all the mail was there and readable.

While looking for answers I decided to use the rebuild command in Mail and all those blank emails disappeared from Mail completely, afterward I opened entourage and those same email were gone from there also, how the two are related I have no idea and other than importing I figure'd all the mail was in a pst file or something in entourage and totally seperate from mail, how would running rebuild effect the emails in entourage too??

It just seems totally F$ked up.

Bottom line is something got screwed up big time and my lost emails are nowhere to be found.

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back.
QUOTE Thanks
Soulwar

Soulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really niceSoulwar is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5

Quote:
While looking for answers I decided to use the rebuild command in Mail and all those blank emails disappeared from Mail completely, afterward I opened entourage and those same email were gone from there also, how the two are related I have no idea and other than importing I figure'd all the mail was in a pst file or something in entourage and totally seperate from mail, how would running rebuild effect the emails in entourage too??
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25812
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h.../en/10047.html
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...0/en/9958.html

When all else fails, try everything!
The Rep System and you.
Life's a joke...If you're not laughing, then you didn't get it.

June 2008

QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Are you sure your account isn't IMAP?

Seeing as how both apps are messed up, I sure does sound as though this is a server-side issue.
QUOTE Thanks
m2nk2

m2nk2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
Then consider this your warning

Seriously, if there's anything you'd miss on your Mac, backup. I've had two primary harddrives fail on me spontaneously in about 5 years. Not too bad considering how much I use my computers but my backups saved me both times.
Yeah, I'm usually a Windows user so I'm not used to things messing up like this.

But you're right, when using MacOS you really want a backup.
QUOTE Thanks
m2nk2

m2nk2 is on a distinguished road

I just tried importing from Apple Mail to Entourage. But no mails got imported, only account settings etc. So I tried to export my mails from Apple Mail as .mbox and then import to Entourage. It worked, but I only got todays and yesterdays mails. So I guess im out of luck even though I can still see all my mails in Apple Mail. Just can't read them.
QUOTE Thanks
Josh_MacMan

Josh_MacMan will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, iPhone 5, Apple TV

I know Mail is using POP. I am 100% sure.

While I don't know how big my mailbox was I doubt it was very large, I have users at work with mailboxes close to 2Gb on our server and they are a LOT more email than I have so I don't think mailbox size has anything to do with it and my HD has plenty of space also.

When I get home tonight I'll check some things out again however I am not very hopeful I will ever see these emails again. I think I am just going to have to let the computer win this round.

Thanks for all the help anyways guys.

Once you go Mac, you'll never go back.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« File Manager other than Finder | In Search of a good scrapbooking program »