New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

WoW and Warcraft III

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

saxnbass

saxnbass will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G

1) Do they work on 10.5.2?
2) Which one would you recommend? Why?

I'm currently downloading the trial for WoW; it sounds like a great game and is very popular. However, WarCraft III doesn't have any extra costs involved.

Eric
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, Core Duo; iMac: 2.4GHz, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD. Both running Leopard; 160GB iPod Classic; and 16GB iPhone 3G, 1st 8GB Gen iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
vpkb

vpkb is an unknown at this point

I have a 24" 2.4 imac, WC3 runs well on it, but it keeps freezing when I try to quit the game. I haven't found an answer or a fix for this yet. I now play it in Vista via bootcamp, no freeze.
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxnbass View Post
1) Do they work on 10.5.2?
2) Which one would you recommend? Why?

I'm currently downloading the trial for WoW; it sounds like a great game and is very popular. However, WarCraft III doesn't have any extra costs involved.
Well they are 2 completely different gaming styles. Warcraft 3 is a traditional real-time strategy game where you gather resources and build a base. You control the activities of all the characters and "heroes" assigned to you for each chapter in the story/game.

World of Warcraft is a whole different matter. You essentially play "a" character and interact with others playing other characters. Often you join up with other players to build a team whose various skills complement each other to achieve more difficult goals. WoW is VERY time consuming and highly addictive. I used to play it and had a lot of fun early on, but you do get to a point where it's more a chore to play than actual fun.
QUOTE Thanks
saxnbass

saxnbass will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G

Well, I've already got AoE III, so I may just go for WoW.
I'm assuming WoW works fine with 10.5.2
Last thing, if I have the WoW demo, do I just need to pay after the trial expires, or do I need to buy the game in the store itself?

Eric
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, Core Duo; iMac: 2.4GHz, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD. Both running Leopard; 160GB iPod Classic; and 16GB iPhone 3G, 1st 8GB Gen iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The WoW demo, I think is the entire game and you'll just need to subscribe to the monthly plan to continue after the trial period. Think maybe you pay for the game online at the same time you sign up to continue. That's what I did initially. I did purchase one of the expansion packs later on at retail.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Lewwy

Lewwy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
The WoW demo, I think is the entire game and you'll just need to subscribe to the monthly plan to continue after the trial period. Think maybe you pay for the game online at the same time you sign up to continue. That's what I did initially. I did purchase one of the expansion packs later on at retail.
Nope, they will want you to buy the game (simply for the License Key if you already have the demo installed, otherwise the people who paid for the discs before the demo was out will have been cheated.)

WoW is a great game, come play on Jaedenar as an Alliance character and ill give you a hand. Maybe some Money, depending whether you play..

My name in game is 'Eyon'.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

You will not have to go out and get the physical disks. You can pay for it online. I did. Have never purchased the retail copy of WoW myself.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cannot log in to email | Mac version of Paint »