New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

TeamSpeak for Mac...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

svnipp

svnipp is on a distinguished road

Just curious if anyone is using the beta Mac client for TeamSpeex? I'm about to download and set it up, but I wanted to get any thoughts on this as well. Thanks in advance.

Scott
One happy switcher!
Mac Pro single Quad core/GeForce 8800 GT/2GB
QUOTE Thanks
svnipp

I just thought of another option for this...

Has anyone run Team Speak for Windows successfully under a VMWare Fusion virtual machine? I'm wondering if this would be best or if figuring out how to install the Linux version of Team Speak would be better. Any thoughts on this?

Scott
One happy switcher!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I've used Teamspeex on the Mac and it works great. Only caveat is if the TS server is using a codec not supported by Teamspeex, which I think happened once for me, but was resolved when the server changed the codec.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
svnipp

Yeah. Seems that I'm hosed on the codec side. That is the reason that I'm looking for an alternative. I attempted TS under Fusion and it doesn't seem to work properly. I could hear others but they couldn't hear me.

Now, I'll have to see about figuring out getting the Linux TS client working under OS X and see if this does the trick for me.

Scott
One happy switcher!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac version of Paint | .mac, mail and peer guardian »