New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Expanding Safari's Bookmark Bar?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

nclester

nclester is on a distinguished road

I've collected over 200 bookmarks in the last year or so, but I only need about 20 of them every day. I'm wondering if I can expand my bookmark bar, like add a second bookmark bar underneath the existing one. I have having to click the arrow and navigate through each one. Lazy, I know. But, **** I'm busy.

Thanks for the help.
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nclester View Post
I've collected over 200 bookmarks in the last year or so, but I only need about 20 of them every day. I'm wondering if I can expand my bookmark bar, like add a second bookmark bar underneath the existing one. I have having to click the arrow and navigate through each one. Lazy, I know. But, **** I'm busy.

Thanks for the help.
I don't think you can add a second row but you can create folders on the bookmark bar.
Folders on the bookmark bar just appear as drop down lists. That should save you some screen real estate
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

More than 1 bookmark bar? Do you not know Safari? It's supposed to be a clean browser with no extra stuff. That's the reason why you don't get a favicon next to your bookmark on the bookmark bar, but they are there in the bookmark menu.

Anyway, aside from my rant, I dont' think there's a way to add another bookmark bar or any other bar for that matter. The folders thing works amazingly well though. Maybe you could give acronyms for all your bookmarks to fit in more of those little fellas?
QUOTE Thanks
nclester

nclester is on a distinguished road

mrplow, the folder idea is wonderful, thanks you. goobimama, I know Safari pretty well, and am obviously aware of it's cleanliness. Two bookmark bars, IMO, is not over-kill. Especially when I'm trying to update my website, or submit my articles to my employers. I could have like 20 tabs open, and be using 20 different bookmarks at once. After all, the web is a wonderful place. But thanks for your input! I'll give the folders a shot!
QUOTE Thanks
MacFanBoy

MacFanBoy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo

Or you could try running safari in 20 work spaces ...!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« curiosity | Default Storage Location of iCal file »