Hello -- New MacBook owner here; first time Mac owner
    First -- Hello to everyone. I purchased a white Macbook last month as my home computer. Thus far, I'm liking it. The last time I used a Mac was in the 1990s, when I was in college. For work, I still use Windows.

Second -- I have a quick question. I've been experience unstable operations with Firefox (v2 and v3.0b4) and Safari (v3.1). Is this common? Both browsers would inexplicably shutdown -- Firefox seems to do so more frequently. And, of course, both would ask me whether I want to send the error message to Apple/Mozilla.

As an experienced Windows user, I've never experienced this type of shutdown before, at least not to my recollection. I have researched quite a bit on both this site and Mac-rumours, but have yet to read threads regarding anyone with frequent shutdown experience. Thoughts? Is this particular on my Macbook?

Hamilton, New Zealand
    MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
    Welcome to Mac and to the forum. I am using Safari 3.1 on my Macbook black and have not yet experienced shutting down as you mentioned. In fact, Safari 3.1 is doing very well. I tried to search the forum for you but it seems that none about the problem you are having.

MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
    Ken -- it might have to do with the sites you're visiting; make sure you have the most up-to-date plugins.

Annapolis, MD
    Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

Welcome to the forum from me also.

I've been a Mac owner/user for all of 3 weeks now and one of the first things I did was to download Firefox (v I've been using it on my PCs for about a year now and really like it, but FYI, I haven't had a single problem with it on my Macbook in those 3 weeks.

I did try Firefox v. 3 (beta) on my PC and almost immediately un-installed it. It was pretty unstable from my observation and also from some reports I've read.

Maybe you have some hardware or firmware issue?

Thread Information