New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iWork vs NeoOffice - is it just me...........

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

but I have noticed lately that NeoOffice seems to work more flawlessly then iWork. On some (but not all) pps files there will be errors with Keynote but when the same pps is opened with NeoOffice there are no errors. I was using numbers to sync with my Palm Centro and the chart kept getting corrupted. I switched to NeoOffice and have had no problems since. The list goes on and on - all minor but very irritating since I paid for iWork and NeoOffice is free. Anyone else having these problems??
QUOTE Thanks
JohnTheMacGeek

JohnTheMacGeek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad

This is weird. My experience has been quite different. I tried NeoOffice when I first got my Mac but it was really quirky and crashed on me multiple times. So I used the trial version of iWork'08 and had no difficulties with it. So I bought it and have been very satisfied ever since.

QUOTE Thanks
Rambaud

Rambaud is on a distinguished road

I bought iWork08, but have reverted to NeoOffice.
QUOTE Thanks
JohnTheMacGeek

JohnTheMacGeek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambaud View Post
I guess it really is a personal choice. I love iWork08! I use it daily and I keep running into new features. This morning, at the local MUG meeting, the program is on Pages so I'm looking forward to it!

QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambaud View Post
Was it personal choice or because of problems? I love the way iWork looks but this latest has possibly caused me to move back to NeoOffice.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I want to be able to play Quagmire on my iMac. | Safari: Force it to open in New Tab »