New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Roxio Toast Titanium 9

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Graegaud

Graegaud is on a distinguished road

Hello, Everyone.
I'm really looking forward to Roxio Toast Titanium 9. I currently have Roxio Toast Titanium 8 installed. Do I just have to Trash (or use AppDelete) on Roxio Toast Titanium 8 before I install Toast 9? I'm still somewhat stuck (mentally) in the Windows world, so I'm not sure what the best way to go about installing the new software would be.

Thanks.

Graegaud
QUOTE Thanks
ibookmobile007

ibookmobile007 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graegaud View Post
Hello, Everyone.
I'm really looking forward to Roxio Toast Titanium 9. I currently have Roxio Toast Titanium 8 installed. Do I just have to Trash (or use AppDelete) on Roxio Toast Titanium 8 before I install Toast 9? I'm still somewhat stuck (mentally) in the Windows world, so I'm not sure what the best way to go about installing the new software would be.

Thanks.

Graegaud
Upon installing the Version 9 it will not overwrite version 8.When i did the upgrade my version 8 is still on my machine.To delete version 8 , just drag it to the trash can or right click on the folder to move to trash and thats it!
My question is for anyone else on the forum that has the program.

Streaming:I have set up the streaming function but when i try to view from other sources it spits it out and does not connect.Any advice on this?

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Just a side note. I tend to keep a copy of the older version for a little while to be sure that the new version does all that the old version can do. I have had problem where the newer version a few options were dropped and an update was need to re-install the dropped options. The older version still had those options.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
ibookmobile007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Just a side note. I tend to keep a copy of the older version for a little while to be sure that the new version does all that the old version can do. I have had problem where the newer version a few options were dropped and an update was need to re-install the dropped options. The older version still had those options.
So far so good with the newest version.I still cannot get the streamer to work properly.Anyone figure it out?
QUOTE Thanks
Graegaud

Graegaud is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibookmobile007 View Post
So far so good with the newest version.I still cannot get the streamer to work properly.Anyone figure it out?
Ah, yes! The Streaming functionality. That is one of the key features I want to get working so that I can play my MP3's, Pics and Movies on my PS3. Yes, has anyone got it to work? I'll post my findings when I have some...

Graegaud
QUOTE Thanks
ibookmobile007

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graegaud View Post
Ah, yes! The Streaming functionality. That is one of the key features I want to get working so that I can play my MP3's, Pics and Movies on my PS3. Yes, has anyone got it to work? I'll post my findings when I have some...

Graegaud
Even the link to stream , when checking from a laptop or the iPhone it states that the link is invalid. When you drag and drop into Streamer then toast opens up and saves it to the hardware selection you choose which is cool but it wont let you stream anything!I have hit the help button and it states there isnt help for streamer (as of yet)So only time will tell about this one.
If i find out anything i will let the forum know as well.
Regards
QUOTE Thanks
ibookmobile007

Still no answers for this one huh?
QUOTE Thanks
saxnbass

saxnbass will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G

So is there an upgrade price for us users that already have 8?

Eric
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, Core Duo; iMac: 2.4GHz, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD. Both running Leopard; 160GB iPod Classic; and 16GB iPhone 3G, 1st 8GB Gen iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
VenturaBumm

VenturaBumm is on a distinguished road

Streamer uses port 10080 by default. Make sure you have done one of the following:

1.) Enabled UPNP on your router.
2.) If an AirPort enable NAT-PMP
3.) If you don't want to enable automatic port forwarding, forward port 10080 to the machine hosting Streamer. If you do this remember that if the machine's IP changes you'll need to change this setting.

This is the number one reason for streamer not working.
QUOTE Thanks
ibookmobile007

Looks like i will need to update my router because my current router does not support UPNP.
QUOTE Thanks
okayjustalittle

okayjustalittle is on a distinguished road

Hi There

I have a bit of a problem...My Macbook 1.83 cd/dvd drive is busted so i have to convert divx to dvd in Toast Ti 9 on my old Titanium Powerbook 1GHz (1 gig Ram).It still has a working DVD burner.

This takes about four hours for one dvd.

my question is : could i do the divx to dvd file conversion on the Macbook and then transfer the file to the TiBook for burning ?

any advice would be apppreciated !
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Disk Utility Commercial or otherwise | Issue with Office 2008 spellchecker »