New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

gimmesometune?? iTunes album art

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dennis495

dennis495 is on a distinguished road

I was under the impression that this application would help with importing album art into itunes. I not exactly sure how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I personally haven't used the program you mentioned, but what I do is just ask iTunes to look for the Album artwork, and when it can't find it, I just go to Amazon and copy & paste the covers from there into iTunes.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Bluegrass

Bluegrass will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display

I have also used the site below to find missing artwork. It's a long page so it takes a while to load.

http://www.jasondunn.com/albumart/index.html
QUOTE Thanks
kkrog

kkrog will become famous soon enough

It will. While playing the songs in iTunes, GimmeSomeTune automatically try to find missing album art - based on the existing metadata (album/artist).
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

If you are from any of the 22 iTunes countries, you can signup for a free account, and then get all your album art, high res, with just a click.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr-Fussy

Mr-Fussy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MBP, 2.5ghz, 4 gig Ram, 250 hard drive, 512 nvidia

To Kash.... how do you copy and paste from amazon to itunes. I have tried but fail. I go to amazon click the picture and select copy and then in itunes i go to album view and right click to past but i dont have the option to paste. What am i missing ???
QUOTE Thanks
shakeitallabout

shakeitallabout is on a distinguished road

Drag it from Safari and drop it in to the right hand side where your artwork should show!
QUOTE Thanks
Mr-Fussy

No Luck. tried that it dosnt work. I must be doing something simply wrong. I am dragging the album artwork from say amazon to the my itunes album on the missing artwork album. I have also copied onto my desktop then tried to drag in and no joy.
QUOTE Thanks
dennis495

dennis495 is on a distinguished road

I wasn't aware that the album art through itunes was free! Thanks to all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobimama View Post
If you are from any of the 22 iTunes countries, you can signup for a free account, and then get all your album art, high res, with just a click.
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Fussy View Post
No Luck. tried that it dosnt work. I must be doing something simply wrong. I am dragging the album artwork from say amazon to the my itunes album on the missing artwork album. I have also copied onto my desktop then tried to drag in and no joy.
Here's a skitch to show you what you are supposed to do. And make sure it is showing the "Selected Track" where I've marked with the circle. And no snooping around for dirty stuff on my Mac

QUOTE Thanks
biffyiffy

biffyiffy can only hope to improve

Drag the album art from amazon to the desktop. If its 1 song, highlight it in itunes, right click, get info, artwork tab, drag it there and hit ok.

If its multiple songs, highlight, right click, get info, drag into the artwork box and hit ok.

Ive done this for TONS AND TONS of songs, should work. If not, you are doing something wrong.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr-Fussy

Thats good guys thanks aload
QUOTE Thanks
wcarr3

wcarr3 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad

No post intended.
QUOTE Thanks
nZa

nZa has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2.8Ghz MBP

While we're on the topic, this software mentioned got me thinking. Is there any software that works that goes more in-depth than iTunes' album art search? I've done the one through iTunes twice, I'm still missing tons (iTunes searches for 4915 pieces of Album Artwork when I do it, and finds none) Obviously, I don't want to search Amazon for a month drag and dropping artwork.

Any tips appreciated thanks
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

Just make sure your Artist and Album name are properly tagged. Then, close your iTunes window, but keep iTunes active. Hit Advanced > Get Album artwork. iTunes will automatically get the artwork for those which have none.

Not sure if you need to close your iTunes window, but just go with the flow on this one.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Adobe Reader 7.0 not happy with ShapeShifter? | Office 2004 (Word) issues with Bold (CMD-B) »