New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

How to burn .avi and .srt files in Toast?

Thread Closed

heavenlychoirs

heavenlychoirs is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have many foreign language films that have the .srt file subtitle. VLC plays them together fine on my computer but does anyone have any idea how to burn the .avi and .srt / .sub files together so that you get a a movie on dvd which has the subtitles in it? I am totally stuck. I have been searching for a program that can combine the files but cannot find anything. Any help much appreciated.
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Apparently Toast can do it with a little help from perian

http://forums.support.roxio.com/inde...howtopic=35597
heavenlychoirs

Thank you so much for the info on Perian you are too kind. Love your profile picture of Zippy too - zippy rules!

I have just downloaded perian and it is installed in preference panes but how on earth do you use it? I am dragging the folder containing the .avi and .srt onto toast but it is still rejecting the .srt file. Any tips?
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Cool that you recognised the zippy avatar

I once added his pic to my bus pass back in college, and nobody noticed
heavenlychoirs

Don't worry - all sorted now. Many thanks.

Zippy used to talk non stop I hope you are not like
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

One extra tip - make sure your Toast Titanium is updated to version 8.0.3.
sonicalchemy

sonicalchemy is on a distinguished road

Open Toast>Data>Choose files (make sure they are working on VLC first. you then get the folder with the .avi and .srt files together select the folder and voìlá)
achille

achille is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", OSX 10.5.2

hi guys!
i have done everything mentioned at the thread but still i cannot get it to work...
i have installed perian, and when i open the .avi files both in Quicktime and on VLC a see the subtitles OK. When i use Toast (9.0.2) i can see the subtitles on the videoimage.... but once i burn the dvd i have no subtitles. I get a .divx file that doesn't display subtitles.... why? please help!
hokutosei

hokutosei is on a distinguished road

Greetings,

i have the same problem getting .srt files together with .avi files and burn them into dvd. anyone knows what to do here? i'd be really glad, pls help..

thanks in advance
Satchboogie

Satchboogie is on a distinguished road

I am also having this problem. I have the latest version of Perian and the .srt and .sub files are in the same folder and have the same name as the .avi.

The subtitles show up on the movie when previewing it in toast (9.0.1), but aren't there when I burn it. Any ideas what might be the problem?
lookmanohands

lookmanohands is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: g4 mdd 1.42 dpp 2 gig ram 80g hd leopard 10.5.8

anyone got any further with this ?
mweier

mweier is on a distinguished road

it's a hassle to install (gotta grab 3 files separately for legal reasons) but FFMPEGX looks to do all this easily once it's installed.

How to make a DVD with selectable subtitles with ffmpegX (MacOS X)
kaoticsolja

kaoticsolja is on a distinguished road

this is an old threat but i myself have just came across this and am looking for the answer besides muexing my avi
soniasim

soniasim is on a distinguished road

Still no answer to this question? So there is no way to burn avi+srt in the latest versions of Toast? Ffmpegx doesn't work in Snow Leopard, it keeps asking to install X11, something that I would prefer to avoid... I can't believe we are stuck with something so simple...
pwillis

pwillis is on a distinguished road

I've got the same problem and have been trying to source this out for quite awhile now. Any further insight into this simple but annoying problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Thread Closed

« Microsoft Word for Mac 2011 hides footnotes.. HELP | How to install this? »