New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Picture issues...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

0Dogg

0Dogg is on a distinguished road

I've tried several different methods to resolve my issues with these two simple tasks...this is very frustrating.

First, mail.app does not send windows-friendly attachments. Anyone I send them to on a PC says they cannot open any photo I send.

Secondly, when I insert a photo into a MS Word doc, all I get is a black shape.

What gives?
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

launch mail

Click on Edit go down to attachments and chose always send windows friendly attachments . That should solve one problem.. I'm no expert on word sorry

Now with Leopard

I was Member of the month April 08
QUOTE Thanks
0Dogg

I always check that box in each individual e-mail. The pictures are usually in "negative" format or they show up as red x's. The other odd thing is that mail.app always seems to embed the images into the body of the e-mail...not attach them.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

are you saving the files in CMYK colour mode. Anything but RGB will not display or open on a typical PC, or display in office applications
QUOTE Thanks
0Dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
are you saving the files in CMYK colour mode. Anything but RGB will not display or open on a typical PC, or display in office applications
Perfect. I think this fixed my issue.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS X - Font List | How to use .mds and .mdf files? »