New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes won't accept all my music

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Noels

Noels has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM

I've been copying my music from my PC to my Macbook. One album, ABBA Gold, has 19 songs in it. iTunes on my Macbook will only import 14 of the 19 songs, and leaves the other 5 back in my Music directory. I've tried deleting all the files from iTunes and re-importing them, and it still only imports those 14. I can't get them into iTunes for sour apples... (not intended as a pun). There are some other albums where some songs hang back as well.

What's happening here and how do I get iTunes to import all the songs that I have in my PC albums?

Thanks, Noel
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

One quick question, what format at the songs in that will not import into iTunes? What player you using on the PC to play the songs?
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

Have you tried re-importing the songs from the CD itself.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

dtravis7,

Every iTunes file on my PCs are in AAC format (320 Kpbs MP3s). I'm using iTunes on my PCs and I copy the albums a few at a time directly into my Music/iTunes/iTunes Music directory. From there I import the albums into my iTunes Library.

Some of the Albums/files (a few) have gone to a Compilation directory, even though I avoided compilations in my PCs iTunes. Also a why?

Noel
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

bryphotoguy,

Too long. I have over 3000 songs on my PC iTunes (and iPod). I don't feel like using my 200+ CDs (and besides them many albums are from my tapes and LPs which I transposed to my PC).

I can copy my files from the PC in groups of several albums at a time. Much easier and faster that way (if i can get one for one transfer)

Noel

EDIT - maybe I could just plug in my iPod into my Macbook and copy the files from it to the Mac. Or would it just synch down to the few files I have on the Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

The only time, with my rather large collection, that I have had anything like you are having happen is when either a file was corrupted or locked. I used to also use iTunes exclusively on my Windows system till I was able to afford my first useable Mac and did the same thing you are doing.

Since your music is already in AAC format, that is not the issue. At first before you replied and saw Windows I figured some WMA in the mix.
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

dtravis7, How do files get locked? Maybe that's what I'm experiencing... Noel
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Try copying one of the offending files to the Mac say to the desktop. Not into iTunes. Right click and click Get Info. See if Locked is checked.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

I dunno if this applies to you, but some Mac users have been experiencing some issues with files coming from NTFS drives and ending locked in the transfer process.
QUOTE Thanks
Noels

dtravis7 and MacHeadCase,

Turns out one of the files that won't copy isn't locked, so 'm assume the rest are the same. But I found out that those files have no play time or rate data included with their file info, so I have to assume they are corrupted! I'm glad it's a small number of files from the same CD - I'll just use the CD and import it directly into iTunes.

The rest of my files so far (a small amount of the whole) seem to be copying OK, so I'll just continue copying one or two albums at time - easier to check that way. Then once done, it's done.

That's for all the help, folks.

Noel
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Unison File Sync on Leopard | Multiple Copies of Mail Problem »