New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Webcam on msn

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ian_w

ian_w is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have a load of friends with PC and msn and I want to be able to use my internal webcam on my mac book pro. Biut it doesnt seem to work. Can anyone offer any advice of help or maybe another application to use.

Thanks for any help

Ian
QUOTE Thanks
p-mads

p-mads is on a distinguished road

From what I've heard, Mercury Messenger has video converstation although i have not tried it myself. I have also heard the it is not as good as Mac: Messenger. Worth a shot though
QUOTE Thanks
ambivalent

ambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really niceambivalent is just really nice
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro - iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_w View Post
Hi, I have a load of friends with PC and msn and I want to be able to use my internal webcam on my mac book pro. Biut it doesnt seem to work. Can anyone offer any advice of help or maybe another application to use.

Thanks for any help

Ian
Just a suggestion, try searching the forum before creating a new thread- this question has been asked and answered countless times.

msn for mac does not have video support. aMSN is the best I've found to work with people using msn on PC's no audio support but the video works pretty flawlessly (i had one issue with one person and changed some settings in my router and everything worked fine)

so check it out. http://www.amsn-project.net/
they recently updated it quite a bit and now it looks a lot like the pc version of msn and i quite like it. I didnt like mercury messenger one bit.

but to each his own, try em all, they're free afterall.

She figured out that the only way to keep from being frozen was to stay in motion,
and long ago converted most of her flesh into liquid.
Now when she smells danger, she spills herself all over, like gasoline, and lights it.
QUOTE Thanks
JamboUK

JamboUK is on a distinguished road

I will second what is already written. aMSN is for you. Works like a dream. I just could not warm to Mercury at all.
QUOTE Thanks
delectabledoz

delectabledoz is on a distinguished road

hey i got amsn it seems good what does it mean if theres crossses in little red boxes near some peoples names? and you cant see whos added you to their list can u?
QUOTE Thanks
delectabledoz

delectabledoz is on a distinguished road

dont understand the privacy tab on amsn does it show who has blocked me?
QUOTE Thanks
Cupcakes

Cupcakes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: "13 Macbook

Try Yahoo! maybe?
QUOTE Thanks
Cupcakes

Cupcakes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: "13 Macbook

Sorry Im not much help :/
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe