New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
News and Community Announcements Information Regarding The Mac-Forums Community

User Reputation System Reminder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Just a reminder that Mac-Forums has a User Reputation System. If you find a post helpful be sure to give the poster positive reputation points and leave them a comment.

If you find a post misleading, wrong, etc feel free to give negative reputation points and be sure to let them know why.

The more we all use the system the better it will become so please start using it often!

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

And remember, you don't even have to post in that particular thread to leave the rep points. I leave rep points in threads for people, and I never bother to post in that thread.
Usually, because the person I am leaving the feedback for has already done a good job of answering so I don't really need to repeat what was already said.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

i think i won, i cant even give out any more reputation today!
Quote:
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_z
i think i won, i cant even give out any more reputation today!
Ha, that's never happened to me. Thanks for using the rep system coach_z.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhat
Ha, that's never happened to me. Thanks for using the rep system coach_z.
You have to give out rep points to get that message iWhat

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Err, I always stop handing out rep right before the message. Yeah.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I had that message one time a few months ago.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold

holy carp, and i got my second green mark today!
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

yeah your welcome
QUOTE Thanks
coltssaturday

coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

yeah i gave one to rman.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
And remember, you don't even have to post in that particular thread to leave the rep points. I leave rep points in threads for people, and I never bother to post in that thread.
Usually, because the person I am leaving the feedback for has already done a good job of answering so I don't really need to repeat what was already said.
Its what I do if I feel somebody truly deserves the rep points.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

We have had about 240 (lil more) new members since the last post in here.

But also a reminder to all posters on the forum. If a post bothers you, a negative reputation point can sometimes hit harder than a negative post (if its that bad also report it to a moderator). If you come across a post that you really liked or thought was funny, rate it positively, give them a positive reputation point.

Reputation points are like smiles, if you smile at someone, eventually you will get the smile back. So do not be afraid that someone is going to get more reputation than you, besides if your not using the reputation system neither will anyone else and you will get passed anyway (many people only give reputation to people who also use the rep system). Eventually it will all balance out.

We have a lot of members and although the system right now is pretty subjective, maybe one day it could be a little more objective and less subjective!

Bottom line? Listen to the mac-forums podcast and use the reputation system.

•example of a positive reputation message "great post! very helpful! -username" (its ok to let someone know you left the message)

•example of a negative reputation message "inappropriate!" (probably not wise to leave your name)

here is a picture of the reputation system: its the (?X) box
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rep.jpg (54.4 KB, 38 views)
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphite
•example of a positive reputation message "great post! very helpful! -username" (its ok to let someone know you left the message)

•example of a negative reputation message "inappropriate!" (probably not wise to leave your name)
lol, never leave your name when completely bashing someone via user rep system.

the user rep system is really great, i think i got 45 points since schweb originally posted this thread.
-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_z
lol, never leave your name when completely bashing someone via user rep system.
Meh, I have before :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
alucard

alucard is a jewel in the roughalucard is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad 2.66GHz Intel Xeon W/3GB Ram & 250GB HDD

To view comments left by others (if they left any) do you just click the icon under your username? I don't see anything in the profile area.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Two New Forums | Official Member of the Month Awards: February 2007 »