New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
News and Community Announcements Information Regarding The Mac-Forums Community

Mac Forums Sunday Chat

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Hello everyone!

Slydude and I will be hosting a live broadcast on YouTube tonight and we're inviting everyone to come and watch! We'll be discussing the new iPhones, the upcoming release of iOS and anything else that crops up.

We encourage everyone to come watch and post questions or comments in this thread. If you pose a question here or a comment, we'll do what we can to address it in the discussion.

Where: http://youtu.be/_T3wNgJg6sQ
Time: 8PM EST, 5PM PST, 1AM in the UK and early Monday morning for our Aussie members.

EDIT: We're going to be delayed a few minutes here. Bear with us.

EDIT 2: We're live!

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.2, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Apple did for sure deliberately lock out the iPad 1 from the newer IOS. I can prove that the CPU in the 3gs is way less fast than the 1st ipad.

my 3gs runs the latest iOS fast and smooth so there is no excuse.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.2, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Hhahahhahaha! Van ate his Imperial margarine and has on a crown!
QUOTE Thanks
CanuckBoater

CanuckBoater will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Apple did for sure deliberately lock out the iPad 1 from the newer IOS. I can prove that the CPU in the 3gs is way less fast than the 1st ipad.
Not sure how what this has to do with the live broadcast, but as an Ipad 1 owner who feels that 'support' for the product ended way to soon, and interested in what you mean.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Bryan, look at the specs on Apple or any other site for the 3gs cpu and the iPad1. You will see the ipads is 1Ghz and the 3gs in the MHZ.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Also the new Nexus 7 2013 model is a great tablet as long as 7" is enough. Anand of anandtech praised it and one of my close friends just purchased one and loves it. I love IOS but feel the iPad Mini is overpriced for the old hardware it has..
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

I have heard horror stories Van about TMobile and coverage so your experience does not shock me in th e least.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Hey Dennis, are you tuned in to Van and Sly? The reception is pretty good....
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckBoater View Post
Not sure how what this has to do with the live broadcast, but as an Ipad 1 owner who feels that 'support' for the product ended way to soon, and interested in what you mean.
They were discussing it on the broadcast. I was going to join but tonight I am stuck on a PC without a camera or mic.

Check the specs on the CPU on the 3GS and iPad 1. Check the Clock speed. The iPad has a faster CPU. There is no reason it would not run anything a 3GS will run. That is my point.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

And... T-Mobile is getting better. As you know Texas is pretty desolate in places. Leave Dallas - Fort Worth and travel south and you'll run out of towers fairly quick.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

iPhone 3GS Specs:

CPU 600 MHz Cortex-A8
GPU PowerVR SGX535

IPad 1st Gen:

CPU 1 GHz Cortex-A8
GPU PowerVR SGX535

So exact same graphics GPU and 400Mhz faster Cortex A8. I rest my case!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

My experience with T-Mobile through the state of New York was terrible. NYC was fantastic but driving through the top part and parts of Pennsylvania were exercises in frustration. Now, to be fair, I was using a service that piggy backs on T-Mobile so that may have been the cause (who knows).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

I watched it all. Next week I will try and join and have the Mac in here as now living with people and where the Mac is I have no privacy and there is a lot of noise. Loved it though. And Van, Get a new Nexus 7! Great tablet. Better than iPad Mini.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

@Slydude
@Van

Enjoyed the live show. At first I couldn't figure out who was who but as soon as I heard that Canadian accent.....

You guys were great, looking forward to seeing Sly and whoever next week.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
And Van, Get a new Nexus 7! Great tablet. Better than iPad Mini.
I have one of the old Nexus 7s - the screen proved to be too small. In fact, I threw Ubuntu Touch on it.

That's it for this evening! Thanks everyone who watched. Sly will be taking the reigns next week as I'm out of the country.

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Want to write for the blog? | - »