Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   News and Community Announcements (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/news-community-announcements/)
-   -   Mac-Forums Weekly Broadcast (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/news-community-announcements/308096-mac-forums-weekly-broadcast.html)

vansmith 01-26-2014 07:56 PM

Mac-Forums Weekly Broadcast

Hey everyone,

We're about to start our live weekly broadcast. Feel free to come watch!

Link

EDIT: We've hit some technical difficulties. We'll be starting soon!

EDIT 2: We're live!

TattooedMac 01-26-2014 08:31 PM

Im here watching mate. In the process of moving, so i haven't got a Web Cam and my iSight is well . . . Gone since i pulled the wire out putting in my SSD, and i can find a Soldering Iron small enough . . Im there with my ears :) and in a couple of weeks, ill be able to join in again, maybe on a shiny new iMac ?!?!?! :)

dtravis7 01-26-2014 09:38 PM

Did you guys ever get it working? If I go to the URL it says still coming.

chscag 01-26-2014 09:53 PM

It looks like it's still hung up Dennis. I'm also getting the wait symbol with the big arrow.

TattooedMac 01-26-2014 11:47 PM

@Charlie & Dennis, i found i had to go accept it, then goto MY page, where i got the Youtube Player, with Sly's noggin on it, and hit the Play button there. If i went to the Hangout page, i found i got the same situation as you both, that it is coming.
Thats how i got around it anywhos :)

bobtomay 01-27-2014 06:57 AM

I don't have a clue how to get to the broadcast from the google+ link. After playing with it for 30 minutes...

It's impossible to get there for anyone that is not logged in or doesn't have a google+ account from that link.

Even when I'm logged in and then go to "my" google+ page... clicking on 'Your events', 'Find more events' or 'Hangouts' does not get me there.

If I click the 'Events' drop down and then click 'Home' - it's there - how did it get there? - I don't have a clue how it got there on my home page. Unless, when it was created it was shared to those in your contacts - which means for anyone not in your list of friends, they still will not be able to view it from the google+ link as far as I can tell.

Plus, the link above was the first go round - that ya'll didn't get working - it does not link to the one you did get working. So, both of them show up on my homepage of google+, one that has no video and says it is coming and another that works.

The youtube link for this one is:

Mac-Forums Weekly Broadcast - YouTube

dtravis7 01-27-2014 07:41 AM

Figured you guys would love some input. Went to the URL Bobtomay provided. Excellent cast tonight. Really liked your discussion of the Closed Box thread. I agree with you both on all your points you made.

Again, good job.

vansmith 01-27-2014 08:10 AM

Sorry for the confusion guys. The only link I got was a Google+ one (it used to give me a YouTube link) and I assumed that it was easy to watch (evidently not). I'll keep this in mind for future chats.